Chapter 46

Previous chapter:
I looked him in the eyes before I asked him, "Am I pregnant?"

Calina's pov

His quiet demeanor was answer enough for me. "I trusted you," I said in a whisper, shaking my head, as the tears blurred my vision before I blinked and they flew across my face.

"I really trusted you." Then, I turned and left his office.

"Calina!" I heard him calling for me. But I didn't stop, I stormed out of his office and ran into my room, before slamming the door after me and locking it.

"Calina! Please! Open the door and let's talk!" he told me from the other side of the door. "Go away!" I said hurt as I slumped next to the door.

"Listen! Sara said to wait until you completely healed as we didn't know how the news would react your healing process! Now, that you were feeling better, I wanted to tell you very soon, in a few days. I wasn't going to hide it from you!" he told me as I sat numbly on the floor, leaning my head against the door, not answering him.

"I'm coming in," I heard him say before I heard the keys rattle and the door unlock. Then, I was pushed against the wall when he opened the door and got in.

My gaze was fixed on his shoes before he sat down next to me on the floor and gently grabbed my face, making me look at him.

"I wanted to tell you, Sara said we had no way of knowing how you would react to your pregnancy. She claimed that it was very important to keep your motivation high before the transplant and during your recovery," he told me again.

"She only told me yesterday that I could tell you, but I didn't know how to convey such news to you. I was just thinking about how to tell you before you confronted me in the office. But I really didn't mean to hide it from you."

And as I looked into his eyes, I could see that he was telling the truth. I knew he wasn't lying. I could tell because I knew a liar if I saw one, or just looked in the mirror as I lied for years when I was on the run with Adrian.

"I believe you," I muttered as he wiped my tears away and pulled me closer to him. "And do you still trust me?" he asked me now as I sat on his lap, my head against his chest.

"I do," I sighed, nodding my head. Letting put a sigh of relief, he lifted my face up, making me look in his eyes again, telling me, "I won't force you to do anything. There's still time if you don't want the baby."

"But if you want it, I want you to know that I will support you in everything. I will love it, whether it is from him or from me. I'll love it like it's my own child," he promised me.

I frowned. He didn't know it was his child. But I knew it was his child. But the fact that he told me he would love it even if it wasn't his made me love him even more. He accepted me with everything that came with me.

"It can't be his. We haven't had sex since we met. Every time he tried to touch me, I got on his nerves and ended up getting hurt before he stormed out," I told him.

"It's mine?" he asked me and I nodded my head. "And I want to keep it," I told him. He gave me a genuine smile before hugging me tightly.

"I want this baby. I want it because I love you, it's part of you and I see what a wonderful father you are."

"I love you, I love the life that grows in you and I will protect you with my life. I'll protect you all four with my life, I promise," he muttered as he put his hand on my stomach.

Smiling a little, I hugged him. If he was ready to protect us at all costs, then I was ready to open up and share my past with him. I trusted him enough to tell him about my pain so that he could heal me.