Chapter 20

Previous chapter:
And after having my son back, I'd fuck off of their lives, hopefully for forever.

NEXT DAY
🖤
MORNING

Calina's pov

Waking up, I felt hot and suffocated. As I tried to move, I couldn't, something was preventing me from it.

With my eyes still closed, I touched my stomach as I felt like something was wrapped around my belly. And I frowned as I felt an arm.

Slowly, and still feeling tired, I opened my eyes before moving the blanket aside to see an arm wrapped around my waist. Frowning, I turned my head sideways to see Raphael spooning me.

What the fuck? Who the fuck gave him the permission to sleep right next to me?

As I was about to leash Hell on him, waking him up by screaming at him, I remembered asking him to stay last night.

I sighed. It seemed like I gave him the fucking permission to sleep right next to me.

I asked him to stay with me because I was scared, not for myself but for my daughter. Even if he was the only one who could protect us from the danger that was after us, I still didn't trust him. And I was certainly not trusting him with my daughter.

Part of me was afraid that he would hurt her as Zia was bubbly and said what she was thinking. And after living Hell with him, I got to know him and his temper, especially with children, more specifically with Laura.

Every time I looked at him, all I saw was violence and abuse. And I would only let my daughter experience violence, or let him manhandle her over my dead body.

Looking down at his hand, I realized that some things really never changed, no matter how much time has passed away, I still found his touch repulsive. I felt disgusted.

Being like in a daze, I turned around in his grip, looking at his face. His face was flawless. His name suited his face only when he slept.

Because behind that face was a resting devil who tainted not only my body but also my soul.

He looked so peaceful in his sleep, making me really wonder how he could sleep so peacefully after having so much blood on his hands, the blood of his enemies, and innocents.

Breathing the same air as him, with such a heartless bastard, made me want to hold my breath and suffocate myself. But unfortunately, I had to bear him for my daughter's safety and well-being. I just hoped he'd keep his distance.

Taking his hand off my waist, I slowly crawled out of bed without waking him up and leaving the room. I went to Zia's room. As I entered the room, I saw her still sleeping on the bed.

I smiled. My baby was really exhausted after all the trips we had to make as we ran away from Cortez's men. Quietly, I walked to the bed before sitting next to her.

Gently, I stroked her face to wake her up. After a while she opened her eyes before blinking a few times to adjust her eyes to the brightness of the room.

"Good morning!" I chirped with a smile before pulling her closer and kissing her cheek. Her giggles made my smile bigger, they made my day.

I loved hearing my baby laugh. As I hugged her, I forgot all my worries. She kept me sane. She was the only reason I didn't lose my sanity.

"Mom! Stop it, you're tickling me," she giggled as I continued kissing her. "I'm sorry baby," I said to her, pulling her onto my lap. "You're just like sugar, can't get enough of kissing you. How are you feeling today? Do you feel pain anywhere?"