Chapter 38

Previous chapter:
... I landed the first strike.

Calina's pov

I whipped him.

And whipped him.

And with every blow I landed on his back, a painful memory emerged before my eyes, created by him and fixed in my damn mind.

I remembered the first time I met him. How he came to my house, violated me, drowning me.

I remembered waking up in his basement, feeling cold and scared. I remembered how he starved me in that cell.

I remembered how he beat me in that cell. I remembered waking up in pain and fear after he raped me.

I remembered how he almost broke me.

But the key word is: Almost.

No matter how hard he tried to turn me into a shell, bend and break my will, he couldn't. I didn't let him.

I might let him believe he had control over me, but he actually never did, I never obeyed him.

Deep down, he knew it too. He knew he'd never get a grip of me, but he also knew that there was only one person he could use against me to make me obey him, our daughter.

And the swine he was he never hesitated to use her to make me obey since our paths crossed again, and I did, I only obeyed and enduredhim for my daughter.

But now it was over. Now, he was literally and finally paying for what he had done to me, by my hands.

I was so caught up in the moment of whipping him that I didn't stop whipping him until Daven caught my arm when I raised it again.

"I think that's enough," he told me calmly as my chest moved up and down.

Gulping, I looked back and forth between his back and the whip before realizing what I had done. And I was shocked by the damage I did on him.

In sheer anger and full of emotions, I whipped his back ripping his skin open. Now that I had calmed down and was slowly coming back to my senses, I wasn't proud of my work at all, I was terrified.

I shook my head, sobbing. Gasping, I let go if the whip, before stumbling out of the room, telling myself that that wasn't me.

That wasn't me!

POV SWITCH

Draven's pov

I watched her stumble out of the room as I picked up the whip that she dropped on the floor. I let her leave and didn't stop her as she looked a little agitated.

Then, I went in front of Raphael while I whistled. As I stood in front of him, I grinned at him.

"I guess she needs a little break after whipping you," I told him, still grinning, as I took the tape from his mouth, "but I've to say she really did her best, looking also a little better after lashing out on you. And? How does it feel to be her punching bag?"

He spat the sock out of his mouth before telling me murderously, "I will kill you."

Chuckling at his words, I cocked my head, saying, "You are in no position to threaten me, Raphael, look at you."

"You're right, it's my fault, I should know better, like that your cunning ass can't be trusted," he spat at me.

The expression on my face hardened before I roughly grabbed his face and leaned closer to his face. "You broke my rules, I broke my promise!"