Chapter 14

Previous chapter:
And I hoped one day she would forgive me after meeting her father and realizing that I had taken her to a monster.

Raphael's pov

I was in my office looking out the window at the view. I had to say that I missed Italy. It's been years since I visited my home country.

But Italy did good on me. I felt a little peace, after all the anger, madness and betrayal I went through over the past few years.

Did time soothed those three emotions I felt when she left me? No. Did I still want her? Yes, I still longed for her.

And even if I could have her right now, before me, kneeling, at my mercy, if I wanted to, I didn't as I was too proud to look desperate for a woman, and I didn't want to force her. I wanted her to come and submit to me, voluntarily.

And I thought after taking someone precious from her, she would come to me with her own will. But it seemed like her son wasn't precious enough for her to return to me. Obviously, she preferred to live without me and her son rather than with us.

And as she wanted no life with us, I wanted no life with a woman who would abandon her child. That was one of the reasons too why I didn't chase her down.

However, I still couldn't get her out of my head. No matter how many women I fucked, none of them gave me the pleasure she gave me.

And the fact that I was the first man who fucked, touched, kissed her made my dick hard every time I had seen her or thought about her.

I might be a sick bastard for enjoying her under me no matter how many times she tried to escape my touch, but she was the best I ever had.

I came back from my thoughts and looked at my office door when someone knocked on it.

"Entra!" I called before the door opened and Denise walked in. He was one of the best hackers and I had to say that I was lucky enough to have a loyal man like him by my side.

Some of my men showed me more loyalty than my family, considering Esmeralda tried to kill him the day I jumped off the cliff.

I hated it when people backstabbed me. I hated traitors. I just wanted to kill them all. I also wanted to kill Esmeralda. The fact that she took Calina's side and tried to erase her tracks, so that I couldn't find her pissed me off until today.

Her punishment for betraying me was supposed to be death, but I didn't kill her because of Alessandro. I knew he loved his wife.

That's why we decided to banish her. We sent her away and separated her from her son as a punishment. She should live every day without seeing her son. I was glad my brother stayed loyal to me and informed me about his wife's actions.

She may have thought that if I jumped off the cliff, I would die and she'd get away with her actions.

She obviously didn't take into account the possibility of my hacker's and my surviving. But we did. Dumb  bitch should be aware after years that it takes more than a bullet or a jump to kill me.

"Sir, I have something you might be interested in," he said before going to one of the chairs in front of my table and sitting on it. "What?" I asked him, sitting in my leather chair, looking at him curiously.

"I know that you said you didn't want to hear any information about Calina Ivanov—"

"Until her life is in danger," I finished his sentence before leaning back in my chair and cocking my head. "Is her life in danger?"

I didn't want anything to do with her, after, like I said, she abandoned us. Still, she was the mother of my child. And I didn't want her to get killed until I said otherwise.