Chapter 9

Previous chapter:
Then, our ways parted away. Maybe for forever, or not. Who knows? Except fate.

Calina's pov

After getting the money from this drug lord, I called myself a taxi and let me drive home. But I had to admit Mateo was right, it wasn't easy to find a cap, but I managed to find one, fortunately.

As I got home I was so exhausted that I immediately went to bed. I knew I only had four hours left to get some sleep before picking Zia up from my friends.

IN THE MEANTIME

Emeralda's pov

Lonely.

Locked.

Homesick.

Loveless.

And betrayed.

Five emotions I witnessed by the love of my life, Alessandro Morelli. He broke all the promises he gave me while holding my hands, looking into my eyes. He had promised me to be there for me in good and bad times as we got wedded, but when the bad times came, he had chosen his brother instead of me.

His fear, or respect, or whatever the hell he was feeling for his brother was obviously bigger than his love for me. Otherwise, he wouldn't listen to his brother and lock me up in damn abandoned island, a place looking like the paradise, but being my hell for almost three years now.

Instead of standing up against his brother, he agreed with him, and stamped me as a betrayer for helping the woman his brother ruined. Banning me to an island as a punishment for freeing the woman who had helped him.

Was I regretting helping her? No, I wasn't, because no woman deserved ending up with a man like him, a hypocrite, manipulative bastard.

And unfortunately, Alessandro was the same, like his brother. He came to the island, but he never brought my son with him.

The reason why he came? He said he was missing me, in other words:

Sex.

I didn't believe that he missed me, neither did I believe in his love anymore, but I have him what he wanted, a passionate night.

I kissed him with as much passion as I could, even if I felt nothing. I told him I loved him even if my love for him died the day he took my son away from me. I told him I needed him, even if I wanted nothing to do with him after he betrayed me.

I pretended he was important for me, because I wanted to be get out of this Hell, and have my life back, have my son back in my arms.

Therefore, I played with his emotions, like he and his brother played with the enemy. I manipulated him to make him give me what I wanted, like they did with their enemies. I used their own technique to get out of here, and I felt like I was so close to finally get to my goal, as he was all softened up with me again after all the years.

I came back from my thoughts and out of my tranced state as I heard the front door open and closed. Putting a seductive smile on my face, I sit on the bed with a better sexy posture.

I knew he'd come, he always came, every Sunday, in every two weeks.

"I was awaiting you," I said as he finally walked into the bedroom, his eyes roaming my body that was only covered by silky night-blue nightgown. Getting up from bed, I approached him. "I missed you," I lied.

"I missed you too," he claimed as I grabbed his tie and pulled him a little down, before smashing my lips on his. Letting go of his tie, my hands went to the buttons of his shirt, opening them, before letting my hands roam his chest.