Chapter 17

Previous chapter:
"Then, we still have a lot to catch up," he said, twisted, making me huff.

Calina's pov

"Before we do our catch up, I've to talk to Adrian," I told him, I wanted to make sure he was alight as I was worried the men after me might hurt him to get me back.

"You want to talk to him?" he asked me, humming. "Yes," I told him, nodding my head, looking him in the eye, not letting him intimidate me.

"And what do I get for allowing you talk to him?" he asked now, looking at me with a slight smirk on his face, his head cocked.

"A deadly hacker," I gritted out, holding eye contact, "that is not chasing you to save me from you. He'll come for me, unless you let me talk to him and stop him from causing you any trouble."

"Deadly hacker," he huffed, "you mean Bob Butts? I really can't take that clown seriously after his name change."

"How do you know his identity?" I asked him surprised. "I know everything that is evolved with you," he claimed, tucking a hair strand behind my ear, "even if you hate me, I watched over you, over what's mine." His words made me sick, the way he claimed me made me sick. I was never his. And I never would be.

"Don't make a name fool you, Raphael, otherwise, you'll get fooled again," I told him with a sly smile, mocking him. "Watch your fucking mouth!" he warned me, pointing his finger directly before my face.

"You are no one to command me," I said, pushing his finger away from my face. "If I am a no one to you, then why did you come back to me, huh?" he asked me.

"I'll tell you everything but first let me talk to Adrian," I sighed annoyed, "me talking to him is for the best for both of us, or he won't stop--"

"He can't find you," he cut me off, making me frown. "What do you mean by that?" I asked curiously. "Before I came, I told my worker to make sure you're safe, which means he erased every footage leading to you, and probable some more to deceive the people trying to find you, that means there's no trace of hint for anyone to find you."

"I still want to talk to him, he must be worried sick," I muttered, thinking of Adrian. "I don't care," he said with a snort, shrugging his shoulders, turning around, gesturing me to follow him.

"Please." I whispered, but loud enough for him to stop in his tracks and look at me with an unreadable expression.

IN THE MEANTIME

Bob's pov

Focus.

Concentrate.

Head on.

Don't give up.

I told myself those encouraging words for hours now, sitting before the notebook, too stubborn to give up, especially on her. My eyes were heavy from the lack of sleep, and my head ached due to the staring on the screen without any break.

But I couldn't rest. I needed to find her. I needed to find my sister. "Where are you Calina?" I asked myself, sighing. I was worried sick as all traces of her were suddenly erased, as someone played with the system before me, always taking a step before me.

And for the first time in life I felt useless. Craning my neck, I looked at the ceiling, taking a deep breath, telling me once again not to give up.

My head shot back straight, and I looked at my phone as it rang, hopes filled me as I saw it was an unknown number, Calina, I hoped it was her.