Chapter 6

Previous chapter:
I felt like sitting on needles. And I'd only be relieved if I got this damn loan.

Calina's pov

Telling myself to look confident, checking my appearance in the rear-view-mirror one last time, I got out of my car, walking to the bank. I entered the building with a smile on my face, walking to the front desk.

"Good morning," I greeted the receptionist as I was standing before the counter. "Good morning, how can I help you, Madam?" she asked me with a friendly smile.

"I need to meet up with a bank adviser," I told her calmly. "Alright, do you have an appointment?" she asked me next.

"I don't, but I really need one now, it's really urgent and I can't wait," I said with a sigh, hoping she could get me into the schedule of a bank adviser. "I understand, may I know your name, Madam?" she asked me with a mutter.

"Candice Hooker," I said, resulting in her looking at me surprised. "Is that a joke? Or a prank?" she asked me, literally looking around for cameras, thinking I was kidding.

But was I surprised? No, my damn name, which I got not really by choice and because of Bob, who thought it was funny to blackmail the man who did our IDs, always surprised people, making them think I was joking.

"It's not a joke, my name is Candice Hooker, and I need an appointment, now, please," I urged her. "May I see your ID?" she asked me, probably still not believing me.

Sighing, I nodded my head before handing it to her. "I've been a client of this bank for almost three years," I told her as she took my ID, and did something on the computer.

"I see," she mumbled, finally believing me that I wasn't here from a prank show, looking at the computer before looking at me, "I can  give you an appointment with Mr. Dellen in four days, on Monday at nine in the morning?"

"No," I muttered with a frown, shaking my head, looking at her pleadingly, "I need an appointment now! Please, I urgently need an appointment now! It's about life and death!"

"I'm sorry, Madam," she said apologetically, "the earliest appointment I can give you is on Monday at nine o'clock."

"Please, I have to take out a loan for my child's surgery! I don't want to postpone her surgery," I pleaded her, explaining her my situation, hoping she'd give me a damn appointment today.

"I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do," she said sadly. "Alright," I muttered desperately, "but can't you at least arrange me an appointment with one of the bank advisors this week? Please?" I couldn't wait until next week, I needed the money this week.

And I'd do everything in my power to get this damn meeting this week, and I meant everything, I was even ready to put my pride aside, get on my knees, and beg for this damn appointment to be scheduled this week and I was going to do that when I heard a woman behind me ask, "Is there a problem, Sally?"

"Ms. Hooker wants an appointment this week, but almost all of our bank advisors are booked this week," the receptionist explained the voice behind me my desperate situation.

"I wouldn't desperately want an appointment this week if it wasn't really necessary," I muttered turning around to face the woman, looking at her desperately.

"I need to take out a loan for my baby's surgery, and if I can't get the loan this week and pay for my baby's surgery, the surgery of my baby will be postponed."

The woman looked at me for a while with a pensive expression on her face, as if she was somewhere else with her mind before turning to the front desk, looking at the receptionist. "Cancel my first appointment for the first hour," she told the receptionist.