Chapter 15

Previous chapter:
I already had a crazy one I had to get back to normal, two would be too much.

Calina's pov

I sat on the bed with Zia who played with my cell phone. She got bored and wanted to walk around, but I couldn't let her walk around too much. She had a operation behind her and needed to rest.

Actually, she was supposed to be in a hospital, but I couldn't take her to the hospital because I was afraid that she would be kidnapped again.

Mr. Cortez's men would find us immediately after I checked her in at the hospital. And I was afraid that they would hurt my daughter to avenge his death.

I had to figure something out to get out of this mess. The first way out without getting my daughter harmed was to go to the UK, to him.

But I didn't know how to go to the UK without being followed. The moment I checked in with my current identity, as Candice Hooker, Mr. Cortez's family would follow my lead and try to catch me. After catching me they'd have my head for killing their relative.

Moreover, I had to solve Zia's abduction so that the police could back off and I could legally bring Zia to the UK. So, I had to figure out what to say to the police.

Obviously, I couldn't tell them that I killed my daughter's kidnapper and escaped with her. I sighed, not really knowing how to resolve all these matters.

"Mom! Look! I won!" Zia said, showing me the game she was playing. "Well done baby! You are so smart!" I praised her, kissing her head. "Thanks," she said with a cheesy smile before yawning.

"Are you tired?" I asked with a frown before looking at the watch. It was after her bedtime. "Yes," she yawned again.

"Well then let's brush our teeth and go to sleep," I said before taking her in my arms and carrying her to the bathroom.

I felt very tired too, but I didn't know if I was feeling exhausted from the stress or from my illness.

Entering the bathroom, I sat her on the counter of the sink before putting toothpaste on her toothbrush and handing it to her.

Then, I put toothpaste on my brush and we started brushing our teeth. I smiled as she mimicked me. As I brushed the right side of my mouth she did the same, as I brushed my tongue she did the same again, making me chuckle.

After we were done, we rinsed our mouths out before I took her from the counter and carried her to the bed.

As I put her on the bed, I heard a noise from the other side of the door. Quietly, I went to the door and looked through the peephole, gasping as I saw two men doing something on my door handle.

Taking few steps back from the door, I cursed. As I saw the door handle start to wobble I cursed again, wondering how the hell they found me.

I checked into the hotel with a different identity and changed my license plate while traveling! They shouldn't be able to track my whereabouts! At least not that early!

Taking a deep breath, I told myself to calm down, and think. Then, I looked at Zia. I had to hide her.

"Come here, baby," I said, picking her up from the bed, hurrying to the bathroom. "Mom? Why are we going back to the bathroom? Are we going to take a shower? I don't want to shower now," she pouted sleepily.

"No," I said, I wouldn't let her shower anyway until the wound on her chest healed a little, "we're going to play a game. Hide and seek. You will hide in the bathroom."

"But I want to sleep now," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "Let's play it just once, baby! And if you win, I will buy whatever you want!" I told her, carefully putting her down.