Chapter 44

Previous chapter:
... the French kiss gave me butterflies in my stomach.

TEN DAYS LATER

•••••

IN THE ISOLATED ISLAND

Esmeralda's pov

Tears ran down my face as I stood before him. It has been days since I lost my husband before I lost my baby. And it was all his fault.

"How dare you facing me?" I asked him as he approached me. "No, no, no, no," he wiggled with his index finger left and right as a 'no' gesture, "I should be the one who should be mad at you."

"You're really mad, Raphael," I huffed, shaking my head, "go seek help."

"You see," he claimed, looking at me disgusted, "that's the problem with women like you, even if I show you mercy you offend me instead of showing me gratitude."

"I lost my husband and my baby because of you!" I screamed, with my hand over my heart, my heart aching every time I reminded how he shot Alessandro or didn't help me as I had a miscarriage in the cell, writhing in pain.

"You lost them because of you, if you didn't jinx my brother to bring you back, nothing of that would happen!" he hissed back at me.

Shaking my head with my tear-streaked face, I sighed, saying, "I'm not going to fight with you, you're not worth my breath, nor my energy!"

"It would be a fight you wouldn't win anyway," he claimed dryly.

"Did you come here to end me? If so, then, just do it, and bear me this," I muttered, nodding my head towards him as I said 'this'.

"No, I came to tell you that this is just the beginning of your suffering. You'll live in this island for the rest of your life, torturing yourself with the awful memories of your unborn child and my brother's death, worrying about Leonardo, before dying lonely. good riddance, Esmeralda."

Then, he turned around to leave.

"You'll pay, Raphael! Do you hear me? You'll pay for every soul you tortured and every death you brought on! If not today, then tomorrow! If not tomorrow, then another day! If not in this world, then in the afterlife! God will make you pay, and I'll pray until my last breath that when the time comes for paying for your sins that you shall pay great!" I promised him crying on my knees, my hands on the floor, balled into fists.

"I don't pay, I slay, Esmeralda," he claimed with his back facing me before walking away.

BACK IN THE US
THE GRAHAM MANSION

Calina's pov

I've had chemotherapy for the past 10 days. I hated chemo, but it needed to be done before the bone marrow transplant.

And all the chemotherapy exhausted me like hell. I just wanted to lie down and sleep after the treatment.

I got my chemo once in the morning and I could see the kids were worried as I was too exhausted to stand, my legs feeling really weak. But I didn't want them to see me weak as I didn't want them to worry about me.

Therefore, Sara, my doctor, planned my sessions for the evening, which was perfect for me. Like that, I was able to spend time with Lucy and Zia until the evening before my treatment.

Draven made sure they were busy and didn't ask about me in the evening. Usually, Zia was used to sleep with me, but now she didn't ask for me so much anymore.