Chapter 42

Previous chapter:
... I felt happy. And butterflies.

TWO DAYS LATER
IN THE US
THE GRAHAM MANSION

Draven's pov

I sat in my office, looking out the window and couldn't help smiling. Calina and the girls were picnicking in the backyard. And I smiled as I saw her smile.

They all looked happy, and seeing them happy made me happy. And to be honest, the mansion has never been so loud and lively. I could always hear them screaming and laughing in the hallways as I left my office.

I've never seen my daughter so happy while playing. I could see the joy in her eyes as I watched her spend time with Calina. She loved the affection and love she received from her.

And she treated them both equally. Since the day she arrived at the mansion, she treated my daughter just like her daughter. Of course, I wasn't blind to see that Lucy grew on her.

Lucy almost preferred to spend time with Calina than with me, and I would be lying if I said my ego didn't hurt to see my daughter chose her over me.

But since she came to this mansion something has changed, not only for me or Lucy, but also for her.

The first day she had stepped foot into my mansion, she was full of hatred, tensed and very defensive.

Now she was almost always smiling, seemed more relaxed, and joked around. She acted free and careless.

There was no trace from the old her, as she arrived, anymore. She changed a lot after I kicked Raphael out and took her under my care.

Seriously, I hardly held back from killing him because he reminded me of my father, doing the same thing to my dear mother. He fucking reminded me of the enemy who took my wife away from me.

I've lost two women I loved more than my life, I was too weak to save them back then. But I would never forget how they both took their last breaths in my arms as I begged them not to leave me. I couldn't save them as they begged me to save them.

But I was determined to save this firecracker, my firecracker. And I had saved her, she found her remedy here with me.

Now, I wanted her to stay with me, be by my side. However, I knew she needed time to trust me after the Hell she had witnessed with Raphael.

But I was willing to wait for her, give her the time she needed, as forcing a woman wasn't in my nature, and everything was more beautiful if it was consensual.

A knock on my door brought me back from my thoughts. "Yes," I said with my back facing the door.

I heard the door open before hearing footsteps approaching me while my eyes were still on the backyard.

"Hi," I heard Naddy and turned to her. "I don't remember calling you," I told her with a frown.

"You didn't," she said, and sat down on a chair with a smile. "I just thought that you might need my assistance because I was told by reliable sources that he received the file we sent him."

Her words made me grin. "Really? He received the file? When do you think will he call me?" I asked her like an excited child, before letting out an evil aka excited chuckle.

"Sometimes even I am afraid of you when you act that way," she said, looking at me skeptically. "And he'll probably call you any minute."

"Great!" I said and my grin widened.

"Oh, and Naddy, you don't have to fear me, darling, I like you and I wouldn't hurt you as long as you don't try to fuck with me."

"Now I'm feeling better!" she said with a touch of sarcasm before looking at me curiously. "And that woman you watched in the backyard? Do you like her too?"