Chapter 81: The Prince's Birthday Ball

To Sir Hughes,

Thank you for the letter the other day.

I appreciate you writing on my husband's behalf. I pray that he is safe.

Fo inform him that I am to attend the Crown Prince's Birthday Party as a social obligation.

It will mark my debut into a huge prestigious event since I have only ever been to female hosted events or small tea parties.

It should prove to be....interesting.

-the Duchess' letter to the Duke's Aide.

The aftermath is that when the duke read the letter after Hughes gave it to him.

He sent a letter to his best clothes and accessories shops, ordering them to delivered at least 100 gowns, shoes and matching accessories for his wife's pleasure.

As a result, the Duchess has new party gowns to choose from...much to her shock and surprise.

Ely's POV:

Every noble must attend a minimum of three major events and six minor parties every month. It was a system devised by the Royal Family to keep count of who is active in society and who is not.

Nobles from the countryside often send a letter of inactivity within the social circles to the Royal Palace's Office while nobles who are away from the country waging war are given a special exclusion from these social events.

As the acting head of the Aisenburg household; I am expected to attend them in my husband's place if I choose to.

As of now, I have already fulfilled the necessary obligation and this will be my last major event before I go with Lorelei for that volunteer work.

The Prince's Birthday Ball is currently held in his own home called The Ruby Palace.

As per Captain Niles' recommendation. I am currently being escorted by Sir Kain, a young knight who was an unusual aura about him.

He is very handsome with long braided chestnut brown hair and periwinkle blue eyes.

According to the information Linda dug upon him...

He became a knight just a few months ago and quickly became quite skilled. He had just arrived from his on-the-job training from one of my husband's provincial estates.

Which explains why I have not seen him amongst the knights who usually greets me at home.

"Milady, I shall stand with the other knights. Give me the signal if you wish me to come to your side." His smooth baritone voice was pleasant to the ears as he bowed and stood beside a few knights wearing their house colors.

Aisenburg's colors are distinctive with its austere motif of black and red with gold trimmings so Kain stands out.

I waited in line to be announced when a royal guard spotted me and walked closer, giving a deep bow.

" Lady Aisenburg?"

"Yes. Is there a problem?" I asked with a polite smile, causing the poor man to blush before speaking.

"His Highness ordered me to escort you into the party immediately. You do not have to fall in line."

The Prince? Ah.

An image of that handsome man with silver hair and amber eyes entered my memory. I had met him months ago when I first made those cakes for his Highness.

I raised a hand and snapped it; the clicking noise loud enough for Kain to come running to my side as we walked into the glittered halls of the party.

The Ruby Place earned its name from the brilliantly sparkling tiles that were used. They were made of rare red crystals that shine and I can see the accents of it inside and it melds with the marble flooring and pristine white walls and dark red drapes.