Extra Chapter: Millia and Katherine

Ezran's POV:

The first thing Milford told me the moment we had time to go to my study was shocking.

A lot of things had happened while I was out at war.

My wife handled them all with the skill and grace of a duchess. My heart swelled with pride at hearing that.

But then he reported to me about Katherine Yates' status....

In Tartarus.

My hands twitched.

The very woman who took care of me as a child.

She also loved my mother like a sister and lost her way after she left this world.

My only proof that mother lived.

"Milord. according to the reports, She has been refusing to eat for almost two weeks. The shadows had to force water down her throat just to live."

I frowned.

"Send a message to the shadow tonight. Put her under a trance suspension to prevent her from dying and tell them that I will visit the prison in 3 days."

After that, I left the study immediately to find my wife.

And try to make it up to her.

----------------------------------------------------------

3 days later....

So now.

Here  I am.

I looked out the window where the landscape has drastically changed from the bright sky of Illios.

The sky here is a gradient hue of purple, red and orange. The source of light was a black sun that reflected an ominous light.

The edifice where I am at is a special prison that is located nowhere in La Vitae.

...for it exists in the underworld realm

And this particular spot was located at the third of the seven hell floor.

Normally it is inaccessible to any mortals but a Rift opened to this floor and it was discovered by my ancestor. The Lord Flamberge.

That happened hundreds of years ago.

This underworld floor has concentrated mana that causes normal humans to get caught up in strong illusions that it renders them prisoners of their own minds.

Making it a perfect prison for those who have wronged the Aisenburg house.

The only ones capable of guarding these prisoners are the "shadows"

They are selected knights with strong mana and equipped with a dragon scale accessory to help block out the excess mana from this world.

They are all dressed entirely in black and wielded blades that can be formed into a snake whip for detaining an unruly prisoner and knives for added protection.

But so far  no one has broken out of my special prison which is the most hellish place for a criminal.

...It had really come to this.

I walked until I heard her screams.

The knights who guarded the door bowed, I raised my hand and released the magick lock keeping the door closed and one of them opened it.

I entered and I witnessed the very scene I wanted to forget.

------------------------------------------------------