Chapter 96: In my Arms - Part 1 (R-18)

(WARNING: there will scenes depicting some emotional trauma so please read at your own discretion)

Ezran's POV:

I witnessed it.

The moment the sun rose through the dawn sky and its light shined over my bedroom, I saw my wife's mirage vanish.

The raven-haired beauty with brown eyes melted away to reveal my wife's pale blond hair and milky skin.

I still cannot believe how attracted I was to her even when she was in disguise. It was as if her "mirage" was also the real her.

Maybe..it was because I can still feel her familiar presence despite her changed appearance. It is one of the powers of a dragonkin.

The ability to feel a person's true self and presence.

No matter what the camouflage or veil.

I have already constructed an excuse for "Elena's sudden departure" and my "wife's sudden appearance" so that no one will question how she got here.

As I tucked her securely against me, she mumbled incoherently and smiled in her sleep as she snuggled against my chest. A small dimple formed on her right cheek as I touched an errant lock of hair resting on one breast.

Again...I feel weird. The was my heart was beating fast and how I can not take my eyes off her sleeping face or the way she cuddled against me.

The warm feeling that flows through me whenever we are together and how my longing to monopolize her just grows stronger.

And a strong desire to make her mine.

"None have ever made me feels so vulnerable until you came...." I whispered. "When..when did you become so impossible for me to ignore..."

And yet I knew the answer.

Months have passed since I realized that I am coming to love my wife a lot. Seeing her after so long only strengthened that resolve.

I love her. Yes...

She is my love.

And I fear that she may be used against me.

The world of nobles has always demanded perfection in both appearance, prestige, and reputation but as someone who has never gotten along with humans, I see myself as an an exception to the rule.

But for the first time in my life. I have no intention of giving this woman up.

For as long as I have the power and money, I would do anything to protect what is mine.

I do not care about adhering to the rules as long as I have Alaina's attention and win her love. She said she would wait for me to confess properly and I plan on doing so when the time is right.

Until I remembered that she saw the "form" I have been ashamed of for so long.

As I pulled her close, her eyes fluttered awake and I could not resist the urge to press a kiss on her brow. Like a flower seeking the warm rays of the first sunlight, she smiled in her sleep and nuzzled my chin.

I was afraid to say it but I cannot seem to muster a lie and let it fester.

"WIfe? Are you awake?" I asked.

"Mmmm....." she nodded and looked up with a dreamy smile.

Her vulnerable sweetness only melted my usual reserved nature as I smiled and wished we could just stay in bed but I cannot let her distract me.

"Do you remember the form I took when I saved you from those wereboars?"

She looked confused for a moment before nodding.