Extra Chapter: The Master of Sprites and Mana

Ignis' POV:

We have had our fair share of contractors since our inception.

Most were people who made history using our abilities and powers.

A few used us to make a name for themselves and founded kingdoms or illustrious families.

At times, we even chose those whose fates are uncertain.

And they turned out good or...went down a dark path.

But none have ever captured our attention as our latest contractor.

This is our story.

-----------------------------------------------------
It all started when our master came to the Garden of the Spirits.

A vast place where all mana sprites stay and reside until the God Yigg assigns them to a person.

I was relaxing by the small fountain that spouted pink water when I felt the pull.

And my soul was called towards the Central pedestal where he stood waiting.

Yigg is the current Mana God. All Mana Gods have different personalities but they all possesses the same traits.

Their eyes and hair are varying sides of green.

But Yigg has the deepest green coloring of all the mana gods to date.

This makes him the most powerful.

"Well...well...a life has been extinguished. Oh wait. It is struggling not to be. How intriguing." He grinned holding up a soul sphere that looked cracked. The essence inside swirled weakly. "And here is another identical sphere from....Earth."

He held up a half shattered sphere, the essence inside was waning.

Both spheres were identical in color, shape and size.

"Ignis....thesesouls are special." He joined the spheres together and mended them as one. " You and Undine. Please look after this child for me."

At his words, I noticed another sprite that was summoned. Her form reduced to the first stage of evolution...like me.

Undine. The Water Sprite. A Major Spirit who is has only contracted 2 individuals in her life and is know to be very picky.

She nodded at me and I did the same.

Since we were not close at all.

"Now I cannot speak for this soul but I promise you that she is unlike any other contractor you have ever seen."

Seen? I have been with so many warriors, mages and adventurers as a sprite. How different could this one be?

"Do you two accept this mission and help hone this awakened soul?"

As the Mana God wishes. Undine nodded.

Alright. I'll help.

As Yigg's power transported the soul to its body.

We sprites followed it back to the mortal realm of La Vita.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------