Dedication Chapter: Breakfast Wrap Meal for Two

Neo's POV:

"Chef. There is a customer asking for you." Beatrice, one of the morning servers said over the kitchen window that overlooks the display and cash counter outside.

I had just finished making the gravy pot for this day and placed it on a low simmer on the mana oven when I heard her call out.

"Who is it?"

"Well. It is the same lady who orders the "special wrap"..."

I smiled and wiped my hand on the stove towel.

"I'll personally take her order. Tend to the other customers."

"Sure, Chef."

Once I was out of the kitchen, I immediately went to the rightside table with a window view.

It has a nice view of the ocean and sky. Overlooking the district's dockside port where the dockmaster and portside workers toil under the sun as they lifted precious cargoes off of ships.

The customer who asked for me was a foreign woman dressed in a simple white tunic and a mix of leather and iron armor and boots; her black brown hair was cropped short to her nape and a pink pendant gleamed around her neck, held by a thin, black strap.

And she had her weapons and bagpack seated on the other chair.

As for her features, they resemble those of Ming merchants who traded their wares at the docks but her smooth youthful skin had that light tan hue of the people from Silang.

Which makes her all the more striking.

She looked out the window with solemn brown eyes and yet she was smiling.

It was not one of joy. It was a wistful sort....

Kind of like fleeting memories.

"Miss Sera. I have not seen you in a while. How is adventurer work?"

"Oh, Hello Chef. Sorry got lost in the view. Uhm...I am doing fine. Work is good. I'm really famished. Can I trouble you for that special wrap you make?"

"Of course." I mentally jutted down the order. "With iced tea and extra hashbrowns?"

"Yes. Make it 2. As usual."

"As usual. You got. Your order will be out in 20 minutes." I nodded.

"Much obliged, Chef." She said in a quiet voice.

--------------------------------------------------------

I took out the sausage patties I made from scratch and cooked them in the hot flat grill.

As the meat sizzle, releasing its delicious scent into the air. I quickly placed two oblong patties inside a pot filled with oil.

The patties crackled as it submerged. These were called hashbrown by the duchess.

It was made by shredding Earth Apple potatoes and lightly washing them in cold water to get rid of extra starch before binding them with crispy powder, salt and pepper.

They are then formed into 2 inch oblong  patties  and placed in the ice box to preserve them until they are used for breakfast plates.

I also brought out the raw flour wrap and cooked them next to the sausages until their paleness changed to a nice brown color and set them on the clean assembly counter.

As the sausage was close to being fully cooked.

I made the eggs next.