Chapter 98: A Royal Visit - Part 1

Ezran's POV:

Back in the Kingdom of Guthrie...

2 months later...

My wife.....

has become popular as Elena, her "supposed" protege but now...

She is gaining more admirers and popularity as she took over the duties of the head cook and taught soldiers in charge of cooking on how to properly prepare food and even improved and taught more of the city people how to prepare meals from the foraged good the find around their area.

She even introduce the concept of farming wild potatoes which were regarded as poisonous because it's leaves gave people mild cases of food poisoning.

But through some research and the help of the kitchen staff, she found that the spud buried underground was as edible as a domestic potato as long as the leaves are cut off completely and the stems are boiled with the potatoes till the stem turns white.

This solve the hunger problem the city had since it takes time for the forest to regain its vitality.

And wild potatoes are abundant around here.

Thanks to that, the city was regaining its former vigor as my wife introduced recipes and ways to use wild potatoes as dishes.

As for cooking in the kitchen....

While working, she wore her old dresses and covered up her milky skin but there is no denying how beautiful she is despite her plain attire.

As a result, the quality of the food was delicious, consistent, morale is at an all-time high and soon the soldiers in charge of the food improved in a span of a few weeks as my senior knight led teams to put down any remnants of the Guthrian forces.

I have also noticed something.

Our forces' overall stamina and health have been oddly good lately. I even checked the mana of some of my knights and they are steadily getting stronger over the course of 2 months.

This is due to my wife's practice of infusing a bit of her mana sprite's element into the food subtly.

In theory, eating a large amount of infused mana cuisine can amplify a person's magic for a short time but through my observations...

a steady cycle of consuming food infused with a small amount of mana permanently improves a person's physical state and health.

It is a practice that has never been done since most people wanted fast results over the tedious and slow method of acquiring mana.

but this method is something I will be telling my wife.

I also notice that affinity with an element plays into the rate of absorption of the mana infused food.

This theory has never been proven yet but now that I am looking around using my draconic eyes. It seems like soldiers who have strong ties to fire and water manas are improving faster than those with air and earth mana.

Won't those old prudes at the palace keel over once they see how much stronger my army is becoming.

Not that I will tell them my wife's secret.

----------------------------------------------------

As I stop over every day to see my wife supervising the soldier cooks alongside Kain, who effectively keeps away a few admirers from being too forward with her.

My heart continues to grow warm every time I see my beloved enjoying herself. Her contributions to maintaining the morale of my camp.

Because in just 2 months, Guthrie has been cleared of any hostile opposition from the local populace and is ready to be annexed into the Holy Kingdom.