Extra Chapter: Linda's Day Out - Part 1

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Here is an extra set of chapters of our favorite hand maid and her little misadventures.

Linda's POV:

Two weeks later...

Main Mansion, Aisenburg Estate

I woke up early in the morning to do the chores Lady Alaina assigned to me since she departed for Guthrie to volunteer food donations for the duke's war campaign.

During the mornings, I shop with Chef Jorge Raime to restock certain food or green needed for the staff meals.

Ever since my lady took over the household, She instilled the value of shopping for items sold fresh at markets like certain green vegetables since she was adamant that the entire household should eat 3 balanced meals a day.

And after that, I spend my afternoons doing things around the culinary house like helping the girls water the herb garden or feed the livestock, check the inventory for spices, dry herbs, teas, and coffee grounds.

But it seems like today is going to be different. Milford came to me and told me to run an errand for him along with another maid.

"Is this a letter for..." I looked at the missive and struggled not to frown.

"Yes. His Grace has decided to cut his ties with the Lorax family business. Take this letter to the Lorax family's man of finance. His office is at...."

After Milford gave me the address, I hastened the younger maid along into one of the many carriages the duke has and we were off to the Hanover Square, the district where many business and legislative offices are located.

"Miss Linda." The young girl looked at me with adoration. She knows I am the duchess' personal maid and the one managing the Culinary House so she must think it was impressive. "Is it true that the Lady Lorax still chases after our lord even after he married the duchess? Is that not scandalous?"

"Nina. The duke's personal affairs should be kept private. We shall do our duty and head back to the mansion. Nothing more, nothing less. Understood?"

The girl looked disappointed that I was not one for gossip and just stayed quiet.

Lady Alaina has commented that I should try to make friends amongst the human staff.

Should I...at least loosen up?

Maybe...I could try?

"Ahem...so how are you adjusting so far? Is being the lower floor maid hard work?"

Nina brightened and I listened to her stories of how everyone at the household was nice to her and soon she softened up towards me.

When the carriage stopped. Nina and I came down and headed for the third floor of the grey brick building where the Lorax family's lawyer was.

We gave the letter to the lawyer's secretary who received it and we were on our way to leave when the office door opened and hit Nina, who was closest to the door.

"Oh! Watch where you are going. I almost ran into you." A female hissed haughtily at us while I was helping the young girl who was massaging her shoulder and looked close to crying.

I looked up and saw that it was Lady Lorax all decked in her finest white day dress. Her fiery beauty and fresh creamy complexion were like an angel's...

"I beg your pardon, milady," I murmured and tried to sneak Nina past her when she tapped her fan on my back.

When a noble touches a servant. It meant one thing.