Eyes | Levi x (Dead) Reader

Prompt- Levi finds you dying
⚠️OBVIOUS TW FOR DEATH BUT ALSO IMPLIED SUICIDE⚠️

Eyes displayed so much emotion. They could show happiness, excitement, and love. They could also express grief, anger, and hate. Levi knew this well. He knew how easily you could read someone based on their eyes. It could be a slight movement to give them away. They could tear up. They could close completely. No matter what they did he could tell what a person was truly feeling. This had never failed-until now. As Levi's worst nightmare came true right in-front of him, he found himself unsure of everything. From God's morals to the irony of the world.

And now, his knowledge about eyes being windows to the soul was wrong to. It had to be. Because as he watched you lay dying, your eyes didn't change. They didn't tear up and then didn't close in an attempt to forget and escape the inevitable. Instead they stayed open and clear. The only emotion he could see was bliss. We're you happy you were dying? He couldn't make sense of it. Your eyes looked at him. He, however, knew his eyes still worked. They shed angry tears, sad tears, painful tears, making a constant flow on his flushed face. He sniffled and cried as you took your last breath, never once showing pain, sadness, or even anger. Just blissful-ness.

"I love you, Levi."

Even in death your voice was sweet and unchanged. Levi didn't know why. Why you? Why was everything changing? And why for the life of him could he not accept it? Maybe it's because he didn't like change. Maybe it's because it didn't sit right with him. Both were true. He refused to accept the world without you. He refused because without you, things didn't and never would make sense. He needed to make sense of the world. There needed to be reason. It was like throwing a random puzzle piece into a completely different set. No matter how hard he tried to make it fit, it would never work. He decided he couldn't live in a world where things didn't make sense. He wouldn't live without you. Never. And as his fingers brushed your eye lids, closing them from the light of the world forever, he made a promise.

I'll see you soon, my love.

a/n- thank you sm for reading! I'd love to hear your requests and comments:)

also pls remember that levi, as much as we hate it, is fictional. He can be redrawn but you CANNOT. please talk to anyone if you need help. my dms are open and it does have to be about anything serious- honestly i'm so weird so don't be shy!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH <3

This is kinda short so i might publish another chapter today