Chapter Thirteen- Date part 2

The first thing I noticed was the lanterns. Yeah. Like the freaking lanterns out of everything.

They were hanging brilliantly, illuminating the square. There was enough light to see at least the near objects but there was also an element of mystery to it. That was enough to make me quiver in fear.

It was as if they were warning me of something that will happen.

"Close your eyes, kitten." Vince said, walking beside me casually with his hands in his pockets. He still gave no clues to our destination.

The people that were in the distance before vanished in sight, like they weren't there at all. That was strange. I swore they were there a minute ago.

Don't be silly, Amanda. You're probably hallucinating again. Perhaps you'll wake up and realize that it was all a dream.

Feeling stupid, I pinched myself and unfortunately it hurt.

"Stop pinching yourself and just close your eyes, kitten or I'll do it for you." Vince warned in a low voice, sounding a little intimidating to me.

Geez... Keep your hair on. Not that you won't look nice without it hmm... Stop thinking about him, Amanda.

Quickly closing my eyes, I felt Ryker's hand in mine and that led me to walk slowly forward.

I had a feeling that we were no longer in the open. His hand was at the small of my back, guiding me. It felt all the more suspenseful, my breath quickening.

"Now, I want you to open that door." Vince's voice was steady in the darkness, leaving no hints.

Holy shit. What if this was a trap? My mind was filled with dread. There were many warning signs but I chose to ignore them.

Look where it lead me to. I knew this was a bad idea.

I might even get kidnapped like I expected and no one will ever know, I thought to myself, my heartbeat accelerating.

As if Vince could read my thoughts, he said, "Just trust me, and everything will be fine."

It didn't really make me feel any better but who cares? You only live once.

To hell with this.

With shaky fingers, I opened the door. I'd expected something to jump at me but there wasn't. I was too paranoid for good.

Instantly, I was blinded by the light that flicked on as I entered the dark room.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!" Layla, Alex, Jerry, Chloe and a bunch of other people in my classes said in unison.

Oh my God. That nearly gave me a heart attack. Mentally, I sighed in relief.

Not knowing how to respond, I just stood there staring, my jaw nearly dropped to the floor.

For the second time, I had to confirm I wasn't dreaming.

Layla was smiling brightly and holding a cake in her hands.

To my delight, it was a rainbow cake.

"Guess who planned it." Vince smirked at me, looking smug.

Still haven't got back to my senses, I stood there staring like an idiot.

"Well... Speechless aren't we? Did you really think I'll ask you on a date like that?" Vince's permanent Ian Somerhalder smirk was dazzling.

"Uh potatoes." I replied, barely registering what I was saying.

"How amusing, kitten." Vince managed to say.

I felt my face burn. Can someone just dig me a hole for me to crawl in and never come out.

"Now that the birthday girl's here, let's celebrate! " Layla said in a singsong voice.

"I can't believe you guys. Layla!" I exclaimed in mock horror.

"It was all planned by Vincent. I was merely the bystander." Layla winked at me.

"Vincent? Since when you'd decided to call him that?" I blurted out without giving much thought.

In an instant, I could swear I saw Layla's face change into something different and quickly exchange a quick look with Vince at the corner of my eye, but I wasn't too sure.

That's just creepy. Something doesn't feel right at the back of my mind, but I decided to keep it away for further analysis so as not to spoil the mood.

"Why not? Vincent sounds like a cool name doesn't it?" Layla piped in a little too loudly.

Before I could reply, she said," Speaking of cool, let's sing the birthday song now."

On cue, everyone started singing.

Honestly, I was flattered by all the attention. This never happened to me before, someone throwing a surprise party for me.

"Make a wish." Alex said to me, as I was preparing to blow out the candles.

Closing my eyes, I made my wish.

Blowing out the candles, I proceeded to cut the cake.

Although it was cheesy, I felt that it was one of the best days of my life, even though Ryker deceived me.

I cringed thinking about all the 'distractions' that Ryker pulled off during the car ride. What an asshole.

"Can't you at least try not to seem like you are thinking about me?" Vince voice was over my shoulder.

I jumped. Speak of the devil. Blushing furiously, I looked down at my shoes like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"So you have been thinking about me." Vince raised his eyebrows and grinned a boyish grin.

"Not exactly. I was thinking about how weird you are." I muttered, keeping my voice level.

"Well, if you insist, I can show you how weird I can be." Vince smirked again.

How many times does he smirk in a day? I don't know but obviously he doesn't get tired of it.

"I already know." I said, trying to cover up my embarrassment.

"That's not what you were saying just now in the car." Vince winked.

"I can't believe you lied to me." I said, trying to sound fierce.

He laughed, his eyes crinkling at the ends.

"It's called karma." His sexy voice was right beside my ear, his breath warm.

"But right now, I just want to finish what we started."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New update! Please don't kill me okay? Remember to vote and comment if you liked it! And thanks for reading :) -Solaire