Chapter Twenty-One- Betrayals

Amanda

It was Homecoming in a day. I had already texted Jerry my address so he will be there to pick me up.

Somehow, I had forgotten to go shopping for the dress despite Layla's insistence on getting a dress with me.

We planned it on Saturday, but that day Layla had a dental appointment, so we called it off.

Guess I'll have to wear something that I have in my closet, which wasn't much to be honest, I thought, cringing inwardly.

Jeans, shirts and more jeans. And also that one dress that I wore to a funeral.

Shaking my head, I showered quickly and headed to school in my Toyota.

I really needed to get a new car, fast. The way how my car grunted to life after starting the engine numerous times suggested it was near its end.

Perhaps I should get a part time job so that I can afford a new car.

As I drove with some Maroon 5 music playing softly in the background, idly I wondered if Vince will really resign from being my tutor.

Although I hated to admit I was getting a little too attached to him.

Luckily for my car, I got to school safely with some time to spare.

I quickly parked my car smoothly into a parking lot.

The school was decorated with gold and white streamers on the roof of the school. Above the word ''Hollandville" there was a huge banner stating "Homecoming" in red.

It was not too terrible as I had expected and even slightly better than last year where they hanged plastic masks all around the school. Creepy, I know.

I needed to go to the bathroom so I headed towards it.

At that time, the school was still rather quiet as students were not yet in school.

Strange noises were coming from the janitor's room.

I guessed someone must be trapped in it. Heaven knows what could have happened to them.

"Don't worry, I'll get you out." I said confidently.

Amanda to the rescue.

I tried the handle to see if it would open.

To my surprise and astonishment, it did.

Swinging the door open, I gasped in horror.

I wished I never opened the door.

Emma was on a full-blown makeout session with Vince.

I thought they had broken up before our date... how could Vince do this?

I thought that he... he was not serious all along. It just confirmed my suspicions.

Both of them looked shell-shocked.

"Amanda, I can explain." Vince started, pushing Emma off.

"No you can't. How could you." I said, gritting my teeth in anger and betrayal.

I had thought that he actually cared and this wasn't all just a lie. How wrong I was.

He had been dating her behind my back and I didn't know. It just didn't occur to me.

Now I feel glad that he wasn't taking me to homecoming, that asshole.

Emma simply shrugged, looking smug. I wanted to punch her face.

"Have a nice life, Vince." I said and slammed the door, fighting the tears from my face.

I know this happened to countless girls that Vince dated, but I had no idea that I was one of them all along.