Chapter Four- New Friend (EDITED)

My eyes were still heavy and my head foggy when I regained consciousness. The surface I was lying on was soft and comfortable. I felt the covers over me, which made me even more sleepy. I must be at the sickbay, I thought to myself.

Suddenly, I heard the voices of a few anxious people whispering somewhere near me, but I was too tired to open my eyes. 

"How long would she be until she wakes up?" A girl's voice asked in a concerned tone. 

"It depends, She should be up soon." A reassuring voice said.

"Aren't you gonna give her an electric shock if she doesn't wake up?" A husky male voice said, and I could almost see his smirk.

"Probably." 

Crap. They can't be serious, can they? I would probably run home screaming like a baby should they carry out their plan.

Before anyone could do anything, I opened my eyes slowly and squinted from the light. I must be out for quite a while.

Several concerned faces peered up at me although there was one that looked smug.

"See? I told you that would work." Vince said in an indulgent tone.

He was waiting for me all the while I was out? Geez... The car, the cafeteria... It was so confusing. My head was still hurting from the netball incident, but thinking about Vince's behavior confused my brain even more.

My eyes scanned the room. It was a small room in the principal's office to hold sick students temporarily. It was a small room, but I was grateful for the privacy. Layla and Alex were there as well, along with a nurse.

"Finally! You were out for ages." Layla said, patting my back soothingly. 

"Really?" It didn't feel that long to me.

"About an hour and a half," Alex said, looking at the digital clock at the bedside table which read 3 pm. "Your head is feeling better?" 

"It's all right I guess, just a little dizzy." I managed to reply, but I still wasn't feeling too well and my quivering voice betrayed my words.

"I'll send her home then." Vince said curtly while looking at me, surprising everyone. He scanned my face and I saw that his expression was that of concern and even a little guilty. 

There was a long pause as everyone contemplated his words. "If it doesn't trouble you." Finally, Layla said, resigned.

I wanted to cut in, at least to have a say but my mouth refused to cooperate. Way to go, Amanda. Like this isn't awkward at all. I was still pissed about Vince and Andrea in the cafeteria, and I knew that it was better to stay away from him so that I won't get hurt. He's not even yours, my subconscious voice quips in.

"Call me when you get back." Layla said then she, Alex and the nurse left me and Vince alone at the sick bay. I could only wave helplessly before facing Vince.

Vince turned to face me, his face close to mine. He leaned in, and without thinking, I inhaled his delicious scent. He smelt like his softener and himself, which was a good combination. I turned quickly away when I realized what I was doing, and blushed.

"Let's get you back." He said, locking eyes with mine and holding out his hand for me to hold. 

I stared at his hand without speaking. "Can... I... go to the... Toilet... first?" I stuttered, words still unable to leave my mouth coherently. 

I like how you sound so romantic here, my brain fired up.

Vince started laughing. Like really hard. He threw his head back and chuckled so much until everyone in the office turned around and stared at us in disbelief.