Chapter One- New Tutor (EDITED)

Hi guys! Thanks for clicking the read button. I'm new to this so do read and tell me what you think :)

edited by iamnotasmartguy

---------------------------------------------

I stared dreamily out the window as Ms Raymond rambled on and on about something that happened in World War II. She wasn't paying much attention to me as she made hand gestures in a passionate manner and scribbled furiously on the board.

I was sitting in my favourite seat by the window, beside my friend, Chloe Green, who had put her head on the table and was snoring quietly. She looked so peaceful it would be a shame to wake her up from her deep slumber.

''Ms Green!'' Ms Raymond's booming voice echoed throughout the room. There was the sound of footsteps approaching us.

Quickly but discreetly, I poked Chloe hard in the ribs, startling her awake.

''Y...yes?'' Chloe yelped, stifling a yawn. Her sleepy blue eyes were still half-closed and she looked like she hasn't slept in years.

"Just making sure you were still with us," Ms Raymond said sweetly. I rolled my eyes inwardly.

Just then, the bell rang. The bell was such a lifesaver sometimes.

''Oh yes... One last thing, could Ms Summers please see me now? The rest of you are dismissed." This next period was supposed to be our lunch break, and I just hoped it won't take long. Ms Raymond wasn't my favourite teacher and my stomach was growling in protest.

Some of the students were out of the classroom before she had finished her sentence. Sighing, I nodded to Chloe and made my way to the teacher's table. She was taking advanced classes this semester and she had another lesson right after this one so she left quietly.

''As you know, your history results were not very desirable in the recent test,'' Ms Raymond said pointedly. "Therefore, I have assigned you a student tutor. I have already given him your number, so he will contact you to arrange your tutoring sessions.''

I mentally groaned. It would probably be one of those nerds again. Last year, during my tutoring, my tutor, a definite nerd, would always get carried away on the fall of the Roman Empire and wouldn't shut up. Like who cares about that anymore? When I finally couldn't take any more of it, I flicked him the finger then walked out. When I'm pissed, you wouldn't want to get on my bad side. Not many people have seen that side of me because they know better.

Realizing that Ms Raymond was staring at me with my eyebrows raised, I nodded politely, then exited the classroom. Alex, my best friend, was waiting outside the door for me. He was a blond, with dark green eyes that were piercing sometimes if you stared into them too long.

''Tutoring,'' I grumbled. He nodded sympathetically. ''One of the worst things ever,'' he agreed.

Alex and I have been best friends since we were twelve, and we've become inseparable since then. We even dated once, but it didn't work out and we decided to just remain friends. He was the only friend that I still contacted regularly from childhood, it's hard to find nowadays.

''I need to get something from the teacher's office. I'll save you a seat at lunch.'' Alex grinned at me and slung his bag over the shoulder, walking off. I put my arm up in a wave.

Just then, a tall figure wearing all black rushed past me, barrelling right into my shoulder. My arm felt a sudden spike of pain from the impact, and then it felt really numb.

''Watch it!'' I yelled as my books tumbled from my arms and crashed to the floor with a loud thud.

''Do watch where you're going, kitten.'' When I heard that deep husky voice, I knew. It was Vince Ryker. Hollandville's infamous bad boy. I saw him occasionally in Math class on rare occasions he turned up, but I never talked to him before as his piercings and tattoos terrified me. Not that I would let him know that.