Chapter Two- Introductions (EDITED)

Amanda

I stood there momentarily stunned, just gaping at him with my mouth wide open. "What the hell...,"I finally said through my teeth. How dare Vince turn up at my doorstep! 

"First you knock into me in school without apologizing, now you still have the balls to turn up here? Do you want me to kick your balls? Oh wait I already did. Hope I haven't done a sex change on you," I taunted sardonically.

To my utmost surprise, he burst into laughter. "Wha...you don't...know?" Vince managed to say in between laughs. I tried not to be distracted by his low-slung jeans that hung nicely over his hips and his freshly-washed hair that smelt too good, so I averted my eyes. How could he affect me this way at a time like this?

"All I know is you better get away from me before I do something even more violent, but this time I won't spare you. By the way, my tutor is arriving soon. So get out before you make a bad impression of me." I spoke, trying, and failing, to sound threatening as my words came out breathy and unsettled.

Finally, Vince calmed down from his laughing fit. He looked dazed. Speaking of looks, he was wearing a grey turtleneck that complemented his hazel eyes over some jeans and sneakers that made him look good as always.

I made a mental note to stop checking him out all the time, but my cheeks started heating up again. 

"But you see, kitten," Vince smirked, running a tongue across his pierced lips, "I am your new tutor."

"What... This can't be." Shaking my head in denial, I crossed my arms. What was he saying?

"Prove it then." I blurted out without thinking and stared at him challengingly. Inside, I was in a state of panic. I was wearing a loose cotton shirt and some comfy shorts. No doubt, I looked like a mess right now. I didn't expect him to be here. Oh crap.

"Okay, let's see," Vince said, taking out his phone from his pocket. Tapping on his messages, he passed me his phone with a smirk. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets as I read the messages that were sent. 

"Are you convinced now, kitten?" Vince asked with his trademark smirk on his face. 

"I guess so... But I'm not going to invite you into my house." I said matter-of-factly. He looked hurt. "Why not?" "Based on my previous experience, no doubt you are going to try something. Besides, I don't trust you yet." I replied indifferently, but my heart was pounding rapidly. Oh no, why did he affect me so much?

"Your cheeks are red, kitten." Vince purred and leaned against the door frame. "As you know, the offer is still on." He winked and I wanted to hide, but instead, I cleared my throat and rolled my eyes.

"I want to puke now," I said, but I couldn't keep the smile out of my face. Damn it, Vince! 

"Would you like to go to my house instead then? It's not too far away." He said innocently, still holding his motorbike helmet in his hands.

"Nice try, player.'' I scoffed in response, but it would be cool to ride in a motorcycle after all...

From behind me, a clearing of a throat interrupted us.

"Aren't you Amanda's new tutor?" My mom asked, raising an eyebrow at Vince. "Yes, that's me, Mrs. Summers." Vince toggled between expressions, looking polite as ever. Secretly, I rolled my eyes. He is such a prude.

"Sure, come in. Amanda needs help in her history, thanks for coming over to help her. Call me Liz. " My mom beamed, seeming to have approved of him. I gritted my teeth in frustration.

Way to go Ryker. Going on a first-name basis with the parentals.

Reluctantly, I opened the door wider and let him into the house. He strolled in confidently and glanced around, assessing his surroundings. My house was modest in size, with only two bedrooms. Dad was still serving his prison sentence, and Liz was the only one staying with me. It could get lonely sometimes, as I was in my room most of the time.