Chapter Twenty-Three- Night of Lovers part 1

Vince

It was that fated day. Where two worlds collide. Where stuff happens. The day of utmost importance. It was when you could screw who you wanted with no strings attached. The day where the teachers stopped screaming at you for once. At least for a few hours.

It was Homecoming.

Sadly, I'm going with my ex-girlfriend Emma because we'd agreed to go together before we broke up.

That was fine with me, but she just had to know that we were over for real. Because frankly, it had been bothering me quite a bit, but not any longer.

In an air-conditioned toilet in the comfort of my home, the mirror still frosty from my shower, I scrutinized my appearance.

Damn, I looked good. Or so I thought at least. It was time to make up for all that lost time.

It had been at least a few months that I'd actually slept with someone. Well, had sex with someone.

My mind recounted that night where I spent the night at Amanda's house. It seemed too surreal for me to believe. Almost like a dream.

It was a first for me back then, that I'd not had sex with someone when I slept at their house. The opposite gender, of course. Wow, I need a medal, I thought sarcastically.

Apart from the fact that I woke up feeling kind of stiff. Actually, that was an understatement.

I'd not been in my element lately, to be honest. Time to show the world. Vince Ryker is back and I'm bringing sexy with me.

Sleeking my bronze hair back, I ran my hands along the sleeves of my suit. I'd decided to go simply in a grey turtleneck shirt and a suit, with the absence of a tie.

It was enough for me. Taking a final look in the mirror and spraying some cologne, I was satisfied.

Time to go.

"Bye son, be safe." My dad called out. "Sure, dad." "Call me if you need anything." He said solemnly. Only he would talk about condoms with a straight face.

Blowing a kiss to my mom, I headed out. On the way to Emma's house.

It was going to be pretty awesome. Or so I thought.

My leather shoes clinked softly into the driveway as I made my way towards my car.

Kicking the gear into drive, I stepped onto the gas. It was time to roll.

At 7pm sharp, I pressed the doorbell. I wonder what Amanda was doing right now. Probably still fixing her hair.

Stop it, this is Emma, not Amanda. Don't get chicks mixed up. Aren't cool at all.

"Hi babe." Emma said, flinging her arms around me in a hug. Probably a little too intimate for my taste.

"It's Ryker." I corrected immediately. Didn't we already gone past that stage?

A smile crept onto my lips as I remembered how I had this exact same conversation with Amanda.

"Something funny?" She asked, her high-pitched voice echoing.

"No. Now get away from me and stop acting like a spoilt brat." I snapped impulsively.

She immediately retreated, yet her eyes burnt with anger. I wondered why or rather who caused it.

"Well you didn't say that to Amanda." Emma said, sneering.

"It's because we are over, Cartson. Don't piss me off." I said, clenching my fists.