Chapter Nine- Confusion, shock and other feelings (EDITED)

Clutching the note in my hand, my mind was spinning. What was this about? My feet were rooted to the spot, frozen, unable to move a muscle. Panic seized me in every pore in my body. My knees suddenly felt as if they were hovering on air, reading to collapse at any time.

Breathe, Amanda. It is just a note, we need to find out who wrote this and for what purpose, my thoughts in my head calmed my racing heart. I knew this voice was right. Suppressing my terror, I read the note again, studying it closely. 

The note was carefully typed out, leaving no traces of who must have put it there. Was this note addressed to me or Vince? Or both of us? I shivered and suddenly felt as if I was being watched. Was I? I was scared out of my wits, casually glancing around the windows but I saw nothing out of the ordinary. I decided to move into my bedroom to examine it instead, walking swiftly up the stairs. 

The red words stared up at me ominously, as if taunting my presence. 

Who put it there? My mind thought back to what happened in the morning and while I felt like should not suspect Layla and Alex, there was a nagging inclination to suspect that they were involved in this, from the strange manner they were acting in the morning. 

It shouldn't be Vince, as we were just together and maybe it was something about our relationship that made me not suspect that he was involved. Relationship? Hold up sis, I chided myself in the head. 

I still could not rule out the possibility of a stranger's involvement. He or she could have entered with Layla's spare key. 

I shuddered, this was getting creepier and creepier. It was definitely not a joke. Whoever it was, they wanted something from me.

I just wondered what it was. An uneasy feeling coursed through my stomach.

Suddenly, I wished that Vince was here. It was nice to have the physical presence of someone during trying times like these. He has been really sweet these few days, not at all his bad boy side and I really appreciated this side of him. Perhaps, I am falling for him a little after all. 

Shrugging it off and deciding to throw the note into the dustbin, I decided to go for a run, something that I've not done for a long time.

Pulling on my track shoes hastily, I checked my appearance. I was wearing sweat pants and a baggy tee. The good thing about staying alone is that I won't need to dress up to impress anyone. Sighing, I combed my long blonde hair into a ponytail and headed towards the door. 

After taking one long final glance at my house, I slipped on my favorite running shoes and left the house. The sun was turning the sky into a warm orangey color and the trees around me looked even more distinctly green, giving off an ethereal feel. The cool evening breeze was brushed across my face softly, as I began jogging along a footpath made up of cool black stones. 

As I was jogging, I felt my pounding heart gradually started to maintain a consistent rhythm. I jogged quicker and quicker until I reached an intersection and decided to go back the way I came. When I reached home and unlocked the front door, I felt much better than before and went to take a shower. 

Quickly eating dinner from the leftovers which consisted of some baked pasta that Liz had prepared for me before she left, I speedily brushed my teeth and started doing my homework. There was still a little bit of Literature and History homework left, and I decided to complete the worksheet on the forms of Shakespeare's sonnets first.

It was easy to me, as I was always better at Literature. However, History was a different story. When it was time to complete my History work, I frowned, not understanding the question. Oh no, why is the essay question so long? I groaned inwardly and decided to skip it, rewarding myself instead by playing some games on my computer. Soon enough, I fell asleep, the events that happened today long forgotten.