Chapter Eight- Encounter (EDITED)

I felt the warm sunlight against my skin. Where was I? I wondered.  It felt too warm and I didn't know why. Frowning, I tried to stretch my legs.

However, my legs were stuck under something... or someone. Wait, I can't seem to recall what happened last night. Don't tell me I did something I regret. Liz wasn't here to help me.

Finally, I opened my eyes. My familiar yellow wallpaper, with matching wooden furniture greeted me. Phew! I let out a sigh of relief. I was in my bedroom, silly me. I was wearing my favorite black tank top and some shorts. 

But what was this big and uncomfortable weight over my legs? I looked up and froze. Vince was fast asleep, his arms around my waist and our legs were tangled together. 

It took me a moment to recall that I sort of allowed him to stay the night as he couldn't return to his place. However, my small bed, an adequate size for me, could not really fit the both of us. I told him to stay at his side of the bed, but look what happened. I sighed, but I couldn't help but feel butterflies in my belly.

I couldn't help myself but check out Vince while he was sleeping. He looked more innocent than ever, with his hair messy and his eyes closed, like a small child rather than a bad boy.

I could watch him sleep for ages, his breath rising and falling, his face peaceful and at ease. He had changed out of his shirt before we slept and he was just wearing his boxers. Okay Amanda, stop right there. 

On the other hand, I needed to go to the bathroom badly. We slept for a long time and moreover it was Saturday, which meant we could sleep in. 

Summoning my strength, I tried to buck him off. He didn't even move a centimeter. "Vince!"  called out firmly and loudly, hoping that it'll wake him up. 

However, he was still fast asleep, his eyes closed. Sighing, I knew there was only one more option. Leaning over, I began to tickle him.

Vince jolted awake immediately and started to flail his arms around like a bird while in a fit of giggles. I should have done this earlier, I thought evilly.

"Please stop!!" Vince shouted while laughing so hard.

I didn't. Continuing my torture, Vince tried to grab my arms while I ticked his chest. It was good he didn't wear a shirt to sleep.

"You don't wanna know what I'll do to you after this!" Vince was breathless and panting heavily. Obviously, he wasn't tickle-resistant and I smirked. Finally, I found his weak point!

While I was laughing in glee, Vince grabbed my hands and put them above my head. We were both breathless now and breathing heavily.

His face was mere inches from mine from where I was pinned below him. His dark bronze eyes scanned my face and I could tell he wanted to kiss me. 

I held my breath as he lowered his lips to mine. Would this be my first kiss?

Suddenly, the door swung opened. It was so abrupt and untimely that we were both shocked. 

Vince and I sprung apart, not looking at each other in the eye. Oops, maybe that was not a good idea after all.

My heart was hammering in my ears. Who could it be? Perhaps it was Liz. However, she mentioned that she will be gone for a week. It was just yesterday when she left. 

Could it be a thief? Vince's gang? Him?

Tensing up, from the corner of my eye I saw Vince giving me a worried glance.

Layla and Alex walked in, engaged in conversation. When they saw us, they raised their eyebrows in unison. 

Phew. I sighed in relief. Geez, they should have rung the doorbell. I forgot that I gave Layla a spare key in case she needed to drop by while I was gone.