Chapter Twenty-Five- Turn Of Events

I held my breath as he walked past, not daring to make a sound. The tension was palpable in the pin drop silence of the classroom.

My shoe at this moment decided to make a terribly loud clicky noise. Oh dammit, why had I decided to wear these heels again?

Mentally I slapped myself. Perhaps a little harder than Emma's, couldn't be too sure about that.

Jerry turned and looked at the wall that I was hiding on. I could almost feel his burning gaze on me. Please don't let my stupid shoes mess this up.

Finally, after a deliberate thought, he turned to the right and walked away from sight. Inwardly, I heaved a huge sigh of relief.

Damn yes he is gone now. My mind cheered up a little. I didn't want to see anyone right this instant. Hmm... What am I going to do now?

Well for obvious reasons at least, I am not going back into the gym. This night is ruined. All because of the stupid bitch Emma.

She really had to ruin my only night that I was allowed to do what I liked. What a heartless bitch.

Somehow, I felt a little bad for Jerry. Should I go back and apologise to him? It was partly my fault but mostly Emma's.

No. That was too risky. I might be dead and-

"Hey." A familiar voice, too familiar whispered into my ear, giving me chills.

I gasped, jumping up like a startled penguin. Holy shit.

"Oh, my apologies if I startled you." Vince said, his voice dripping with sarcasm, though his voice was mockingly polite.

"You..." I squeaked, the words not coming out of my mouth.

"Apology not accepted." I said sternly.

"What do you want?" He said, sounding amused.

"Figure that out yourself." I replied.

Pretending to tie my shoelaces, I bent down. Then, without warning, I bolted, running towards a random path towards a flight of staircase.

"Amanda." He said, his footsteps quick and loud behind me.
Oh crap. He's gaining on me.

I was slowly approaching a staircase. Should I go up or down?
Hesitating on my part, Vince seized the opportunity to grab me into his arms.

"Get off!" I protested irritably, trying to push him off.

"I got you." Vince smirked, pulling me closer, which was easy for him.

He was close enough for me to smell the rich cologne on his body, giving my stomach flips. My heart beat accelerated a little.

"Hi." I said weakly, giving up struggling for a while.

"I do believe I owe you something." Vince said slowly, gazing into my eyes with a glint of humor and something else.

He was a little out of breath, his arms steady against my body. My breathing quickened and started to become a little erratic.

His eyes regarded me in a searching look, hypnotising as ever. What was he thinking of?

After a beat, he smashed his lips to mine.

To say that I was surprised was the understatement of the year.

His mouth tasted of caramel, sweet and alluring, drawing me in and giving no mercy.

My mouth opened in surprise and shock. He took opportunity of this, his tongue slipping in and invading my mouth.