Chapter Twenty-Seven- New Beginning

Vince turned to me, his face impassive, yet his eyes were filled with emotion.

"I'm so sorry." He apologised, but I wasn't sure what for.

"It's okay." I smiled. At least the problem got settled and we could really move on. At least in terms of who we had to be with.

I had something to say, but decided to wait till tomorrow to gauge his response.

Vince held out his hand, and I grabbed onto it, feeling safe and secure. Somehow, this series of events made me feel quite tired and drained. I wanted nothing more than to rest.

"Let's go eat something. You must be hungry by now." Vince said softly and we walked together, towards the main gate, strolling hand in hand, like a couple.

But are we, yet? In my mind, this thought unsettled me and I shook it off. If it's meant to be, it will be.

Quickly, we walked out of school with a million thoughts in my head, and made our way to his car.

He unlocked his silver car and we took off, although I had no idea where we were going.

However, I felt a strong sense of trust towards him, that he won't bring me to some place and rape me, hopefully. Well, don't think he's into that anyway.

Vince chuckled.

"You are aware that I can hear every word you say, right?" Vince smirked.

"Um... Sorry." I apologised.

"I didn't know you were that kind of girl, Amanda." He said, shaking his head in mock disapproval.

"I'm not." I said curtly, though my face started heating up for some reason.

"But anyway, thanks for the idea. That would be for next time." He winked.

I hit him with whatever that I was holding in my hand, which at that time was my bag which contained many dangerous items, such as my packet of marshmallows.

He chuckled even more and narrowly swerved to the left, almost hitting the pavement.

"Don't crash into a tree please." I snapped, though laughing.

"How can I not when you're assaulting me like that?" Vince said irritably.

I grinned. Getting Vince riled up was fun in a way.

Several decades later, we pulled up at a ballroom.

He killed the engine and we got out.

"Why are you taking us here? We're not dancing, are we?" I asked, worry lines creasing my forehead. Oh no. I didn't want to fall to my feet this time.

"It's not a ballroom, it's a restaurant, weirdo." He rolled his eyes.

"Stop rolling your eyes, it's rude." I pursed my lips.

"I'm just exercising my eyeballs." He replied, amused.

"Come." He said, offering his hand to me.

I took it and we entered the large carpeted room, which I had mistaken it for a ballroom.

It was lucky that I was dressed formally, as most of the people in it were dressed in gowns and suits and I didn't want to look like a prude, as I've feared.

I noticed there was a queue. Though Vince dragged me all the way to the front, and spoke to the waitress in a hush whisper.

I could only make out some words like "food" "table" and "need".