Chapter Forty-Three - Bad Boy Vibes

[sorry for the late update!}

Amanda

Previously, "Hello? Anyone home?" I said loudly, turning the key in the lock.

I tried to look for the switch to flick on the lights but before I could do so, a hand grabbed my wrist, putting the other hand on my shoulder and trapped me against the wall quite effectively.

I sucked in a deep breath. Geez, what a day.

Just after my graduation and I get attacked in my own house by who knows who. It was too dark to make out anything significant but judging from the attacker's dark clothes, he seemed shady.

He seemed to be carrying a weapon of some sort. Okay I'll take that back. He looked beyond shady.

I quickly shook my head to clear these thoughts away. Right now I was in a rather compromising position.

But not for long. Taking a deep breath, I lifted my knee and kneed him in the balls. Immediately, he released his hold on me and fell dramatically to the floor, groaning in pain.

I took this opportunity to flick on the lights.

Hmm seems familiar... I stared at my attacker.

Oh crap. It was Vince.

"Shit, Amanda, did you really have to be so violent?" A familiar voice said after being knocked onto the floor. 

"Well I didn't know it was you. You should have called." I crossed my arms and tried to look mad at him but in actual fact I was hiding a grin.

"Are you not going to help me up?"

"No but I'm going to get my camera." I smirked and went to look for my bag.

"Don't you dare." He was up in an instant and by my side, blocking me.

"You didn't seem to have any problems with getting up." I noted smugly.

Vince rolled his eyes. He was wearing a dark T shirt with some jeans. He looked good, just as always.

"Happy graduation Amanda." He said, sounding as if there were words to follow. I could tell he was trying his best not to sound sarcastic. Well I couldn't blame him considering his assets were greatly threatened. I should find a way to apologise for that later.

"I could say the same to you." I said politely.

"I have a gift." He said, giving me a look of the bag that he held in his hands. Geez, I thought it was a weapon.

"Coincidentally I do too." I said.

"Tutors first." He winked, then handed me the small bag.

There was a small velvet box in the bag. It seemed expensive. I hoped he didn't spend a lot on it.

Quickly, I opened the box. There was a silver necklace with a unique pattern of a dragon/snake. I couldn't decide which.

Usually, I wasn't a fan of accessories but to my surprise, I loved it. It seemed so symbolic and representative of Vince in so many different ways especially his gang.

"I love it. It makes me think of you." I smiled at my gift.

"It's beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it. Why don't you try it on?" Vince suggested, sounding secretly pleased with himself.

Quickly, he put it on for me, his hands lingering slightly on my neck. It sent tingles down my spine. Oh, why does he affect me so much?

"Wow kitten, you look stunning." He said appreciatively.

I blushed slightly. After all this tie, his words still amaze me at times.

"Come, I have more to show you." He took my hand.

"I have something to show you too." For some reason, I feel like we were talking about a whole different thing completely.

"You can show me later. Tonight." He gave me a hot look, then smirked. He's so playful at times like this.

"Right now I'm famished and I cooked dinner for us." He said, smiling shyly.

My mouth dropped open in shock. "You can cook?"

"A little. It's not impressive though." He said mildly.

"Thank you. You're the best." I said, wrapping my arms around him. His put his head against my hair and inhaled deeply.

He put my face between his hands and tilted my head up. Our lips touched and we kissed, his soft lips brushing against mine delicately.

"You're the best to me too." He whispered against my lips. My lips were against his again, moving fervently this time, taking no mercy. His tongue explored my mouth expertly and I responded eagerly, conveying the desperation that we felt.

Finally, he pulled back. "Let's go eat dinner."

Vince's cooking abilities were impressive. He cooked some pasta served with some chilled orange juice. I'd never been much of a cook, only Liz. I rarely cooked, usually choosing to live on takeaways instead.

Knowing that he could cook certainly surprised me. He didn't look the type that could even operate a microwave, to be honest.

"My father was an established chef. He taught me." Vince said wistfully, interrupting my thoughts. He looked a little distant and forlorn.

He certainly had mamy fond memories of his childhood, I could imagine. Back when he maintained a good relationship.

"It's delicious. Is there anything that you cannot do?" I said skeptically.

"Trust me, there are many things that I have tried, but they didn't seem to cooperate with me. Playing the piano, for example. I was terrible." He said, taking a sip of the orange juice.

"I see. That was why you decided to cook, then?" I asked with amusement.

He laughed. "I hated the microwave. That was why I decided to learn how to cook."

Well, my assumption wasn't that far off actually.

"There was once it exploded. Nasty stuff." He rolled his eyes.

Much too quickly, we finished our meal.

"Here is your present." I said, presenting him a box, smirking.

"You're kidding." He stared in disbelief at the box of papers containing his results and Harvard acceptance letter that I had kept for him due to his absence from school.

"I can tell that you're disappointed." I smirked dryly.

He rolled his eyes.

"What more do you expect?" He said exasperatedly.

"Make love to me."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it ;)

So sorry for the extremely late update and left you hanging.

(busy catching up with The Voice and Supernatural oops)

 -Solaire