Chapter Three-Incidents (EDITED)

When I opened my eyes, it was already morning. It was an almost dreamless night, which made me relieved, especially since it was so eventful yesterday. Walking briskly to the kitchen, Liz was there preparing pancakes. Did I mention that pancakes have been a favorite of mine?

"Thanks, Liz, " I said, giving her a smile. "You're welcome, dear.'' She beamed back at me. Liz knew me best. She has been my caregiver ever since my mom passed away in an accident just two years after I was born. I was grateful to Liz to have taken care of me ever since. 

After having my scrumptious breakfast of pancakes and orange juice, I glanced down at my watch. 

6:40. I still have plenty of time.

Yawning, I debated whether to go back to sleep or not. 

Deciding on the former, I quickly jumped back into bed and covered my head into the sheets. In the peace and serenity of my bedroom, sleep hit me quickly and I drifted off into a peaceful and serene sleep.

I didn't know what time I slept until, but suddenly my eyes flew open on their own accord.

Holy shit.

It's 8:30 now. My school starts at 8:45.

Quickly, I jumped out of bed. Call me a nerd, but I don't want to be late for school for the first time this year.

Hurriedly pulling on a pair of skinny jeans and a white blouse, I combed my hair to make it stay in place. Ugh, I knew it would be a bad idea to go back to bed. Hurriedly, I put some mascara and blush, just to look a little more awake.

When I looked half-decent, I grabbed my backpack, praying that I had all the essentials for school. 

Bidding farewell to Liz briefly, I went to wear my favorite Converse sneakers. There was a crack of thunder and worriedly, I looked out the window and noticed tiny raindrops falling on the windowpane. No doubt, it was going to rain heavily. How am I going to get to school in time now?

I grumbled to myself. My beat-up Toyota would not make it through the pouring rain, with its smooth tiers and cranky engine. If I got any unluckier, it may just come apart. The bus stop was also quite a distance away and I was not looking forward to scrambling around in the pouring rain.

Just then, a loud screeching sound interrupted my scattered thoughts.

Looking out of my window, a silver car was on my porch. Squinting, I could just about make out the silhouette of someone tall, with dirty blond hair and chewing on a cigarette. Oh no.

My eyes scanned my watch. I was running late.

Sighing, deciding to take the chance, I hurried through the rain towards Vince's car.  The rain was getting heavier at this point, and I was lazy to take out my umbrella for a short walk. When Vince saw me, he smirked, then raked his eyes over my drenched shirt, which was unfortunately white. I scowled at him irritably. Thankfully, the rain obscured my blushing face, but I still cursed him internally for checking me out. 

Vince looked amused, his cigarette still hanging from his lips and he took a final whiff before putting it down.

Opening the car door, I stumbled in, effectively making a mess of his car. That's for checking me out, I thought smugly in retrospect. 

"You know, you just made a mess of my car," Vince said disapprovingly, his brows crinkling together and shaking his head. He was wearing a fitted tank today that showed off his biceps and he looked pretty good as always.

"Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?" I challenged, feeling braver today.

"Well, I could think of a number of options." Vince waggled his eyebrows suggestively and raking his eyes down my body. Rolling my eyes, I glanced out of my window. Luckily, I brought a jacket with me and took it out to cover my soaked blouse.