Chapter Twenty-Nine- Change Of Plans

In the confines of the car, my heartbeat sped up instantly, taking control of my mind. Blood pounded in my ears.

My shaking hand still held my phone.

Suddenly I felt nauseous and wanted to throw up, my head feeling numb.

The car felt so small all of a sudden, almost suffocating.

'You okay, kitten?' Vince asked me, shooting me a worried glance, as he drove past gardens and houses.

'Pull over please.' I mumbled, words barely coherent but I hoped it was audible at least.

My stomach felt queasy and my mouth felt dry.

Screw this. I unlocked the door and ran out onto the grass patch in front of some shops selling perfume.

At the side of the car, my stomach convulsed and before I knew it, I threw up my dinner.

Vince kept icily silent throughout my interlude, and I was grateful for that. I didn't know what I would do if he started freaking out.

However, he was looking at me with an expression that suggested that he didn't know whether to laugh or cry or be angry with me.

Oh great, I was looking so unglam right now. My hair was all over the place, beads of water still stuck on. My dress was already muddy and had transformed into a shade of mustard that had gone bad.

'Such a pity.' Vince broke the silence with a hint of irritation.

'The dinner was so costly.' He continued in a regretful tone.

Too bad then. It wasn't my fault. I thought, nonchalant in nature.

'Whose was it then?' Vince asked, handing me a tissue paper to wipe my face.

Oh my. I hasn't realized that I had spoke it out loud. He wouldn't understand, would he? I couldn't possibly explain that my dad just popped out of nowhere.

'It's nothing.' I mumbled as I drank a bottle of water.

'Tell me.' He pressed on, leaning at the side of the car.

'Look out, there is a snake behind you.' I shrieked, pointing to somewhere behind him.

Vince rolled his eyes. 'You're still terrible at lying.'

I sighed. I didn't really want to tell him but it looked like there was no other way out.

I took a deep breath. It was challenging on my part and I didn't know how Vince would react to it.

'Is it that bad?' Vince asked, raising an eyebrow.

We were now back in the car, sitting beside each other.

I felt slightly better after throwing up, but the butterflies in my stomach still did not go away.

'It depends.' I said nervously.

'My dad just came back home.' I admitted.

Vince's expression looked relieved, though not fully satisfied.

'From prison.' I finished.

His expression turned to one of surprise and slight disbelief.

'Let's get you back. You have some talking to do.'

During the ride, I explained about my dad and that he had just came back from prison.

But deep down, I was wondering, does Liz know? I was pretty sure that she would already had known, and I would not need to call her.