Chapter Thirty-Two- Fatal Revelation

Vince

'Amanda!' I yelled as loudly as I could, but before I had uttered those words, I had already known that she would not respond.

Impulsively, I tried to exit the ring, to follow her, but the security guards blocked my way and held me back firmly, their arms like steel against me.

I wanted to hit them but it would get me disqualified from the match. What's the point already, anyway?

"This is important!" I pleaded with the guards loudly, but either they were really deaf or they simply ignored me.

At the corner of my eye, I almost imagined them smirking with some evil intent.

Thus, I could only watch her slip away from me, but the worst part was, I could not do anything to stop it.

It was quite a spectacle, my insides were trembling with rage and something else entirely.

It was like a movie, how it played out. Everyone, all the crowds that were standing around the ring stared at me, if they were not already doing so before I shouted.

Defeat washed over me, numbing the feeling in my gut. My heart sank. I should have punched the guards and ran after her, but it might still be too late.

With a loud yell of victory, I didn't notice Jerry swinging at me until I flew almost halfway across the ring with a loud cracking sound and landed on the cold hard concrete, head first.

The crowd immediately erupted into loud 'boos' or 'yeses' depending on who they supported. All these just sounded like annoying mosquitoes buzzing, as I was still scrawled out over the floor, blood everywhere.

The pain, fresh and raw, penetrated my skin and I had to wince in pain. My head was too wet, caked with blood when I struggled to open my eyes, though only white light was visible but flickering. The concrete felt like it was burning against my skin.

The announcer was still struggling to speak. 'All-all right! Victory for The Dragon after an interesting match tonight! What a shame for Lightning Warrior.' The announcer said ruefully.

Arms started to lift me up but I still could not allow my legs to obey. They felt like jelly and when I tried to lift my hands up to support myself, I felt a sharp pain in my ribcage. Broken bones maybe?

'Critically injured. Awaiting instructions.' A clear voice rang out, distinguishing from the cacophony that was happening in the crowd.

'Call an ambulance. Now!' A stronger familiar voice demanded, though my ears were not registering whose voice was it.

Little did I realize that it was the last thing I heard before my mind slowly began to absorb the pain and slip into unconsciousness like a drunkard getting intoxicated.

.~.~.

48 hours later

The first thing that I could smell was the antiseptic and clinical alcohol that wafted the room. I fought back a shiver as the cold air blew against my skin.

Where was I? I tried to remember how I got here but my mind didn't seem to want to cooperate to figure out this mystery. Time to see for myself then.

My eyes flickered, once, twice. Then, I slowly opened my eyes and they squinted while I tried to adjust myself to the brightness.

I was lying on a hospital bed, with string and cords of various types connected to my body. Instinctively, I flinched, horrified at this revelation.