Chapter Thirty- Fights Aren't Really My Style

Vince's POV

Amanda looked at me, her hazel eyes questioning.

'Call your mom to tell her that you're staying.' I said.

Reluctantly, she took out her mobile phone and punched in some number.

Honestly, apart from the fact that she looked slightly ridiculous in my sister's clothes that only had one color scheme, she looked much better freshened up and free of all the mud.

Well, maybe ridiculous to a large extent rather, considering my sister's rather singular tastes in color to put it mildly.

'Hi Liz. I'll be staying over at my tutor's house.' Her clear voice rang out.

'Remember Vince?' She asked, slightly impatient.

Apparently after what her mom replied she was satisfied and then proceeded to bid farewell and hung up the phone.

'I'm finished.' She said, her hair almost hitting my face as she swung to face me.

'That's wonderful. We'll get you settled then.' I replied, not forgetting to smirk.

'We have the best room for you.' I announced with glee. It didn't hurt to tease her a little.

'There you go.' I pointed to the attic that was a couple of feet away and opened it for good measure, letting her enjoy the full experience.

Her face dropped as she regarded the room that was full of cobwebs and dust and possibly spiders.

'Holy shit.' Amanda's face was priceless with horror written everywhere.

'Don't you ever clean this place?' She wrinkled her nose in disgust.

'Never. That is why it is called the attic.' I explained to her as if talking to a child.

She glared at me. 'I'd rather sleep outside, thank you very much.'

'Alright, Just kidding. You'll sleep somewhere else.' I reassured her, but still enjoying her shocked and stunned expression.

'I hate you.' Amanda muttered irritably and flipped me off.

'Aww baby I love you too.' I said as loudly as I could without shouting. Yes, I can be nice sometimes.

'Don't you wanna know a secret? Like hasn't it crossed your mind at all?' I said casually.

'What do you mean?' She looked puzzled and utterly confused.

'Don't act innocent. I know you want to know the secret to my good grades.' I said. Screw this, I need to tell her.

'Well,' I took a deep breath before blowing it out.

'I have a private teacher.' I confessed, giving her a lopsided grin.

Amanda looked momentarily stunned. 'Then... Who is it?'

'Someone you probably do not know. He's not from our school, but we had been childhood friends.' I explained.

'I see, figures why you don't attend school regularly.' She commented, annoyance evident in her voice.

'Other than that, it's all in here.' I said softly, pointing to my head and tapping on it.

'I don't remember showing off as one of the school subjects.' Amanda interjected as I led her to her room.