Chapter Seven- Sleep (EDITED)

The next day at lunch, I told Layla and Alex all about how Jerry asked me out. "Oh my, Jerry?! That cute-looking prep? I would never have guessed." Alex said while poking me in the ribs playfully. 

"I know, right? Now I am really excited to look for dresses for homecoming." I said happily. Who knew my day could have turned out to be so perfect?

Layla smiled knowingly. She has been forcing me to be excited about homecoming previously but now that I truly am, she began getting busier with preparations. We were going to go shopping soon and I couldn't wait. 

Meanwhile, Liz was going to go overseas to meet with her family. I felt happy for her. She has been working in my household for many years ago and it was time for her to spend some time with them in Australia. 

I checked my watch. School was almost over, but today was Tuesday which meant that I had a tuition session with Vince on history. I recalled the detention that we had to do, three days ago, because we were late for school. I smiled despite myself. That was actually a pretty funny experience.

We sat in a small room with no windows, kind of like in prison. The teacher in charge of us looked up disinterestedly when we entered, returning to his newspaper. We took a seat next to each other and waited for the teacher to give us some instructions on what to do. After waiting for a few minutes with no instructions whatsoever, Vince looked sideways at me and took out his notepad. He started scribbling something on a piece of paper.

Since we couldn't talk, I could only look at him from the corner of my eye. I saw that he crushed the piece of paper into a small paper ball and threw it at my chair. Bending down and trying to look casual, I picked up the piece of paper and opened it. 

It wrote: Hi sexy

I rolled my eyes and scribbled a note back. Can't say the same back to you, I wrote.

This could be fun. I smirked, crushed the ball, and threw it back. He caught it mid-air and opened it quickly. When he saw what was written, his face was priceless. That was what he got, trying to be a jerk to me. 

We continued this exchange for a long time until the detention was over.

Suddenly, Layla grabbed my hand and I was yanked back into the present. "Are you here, Amanda? Seems like your head had wandered off." Layla said, looking at me. Oh no, it was time for my tuition lesson with Vince and I had to get ready. Groaning, I quickly went home and prepared my history stuff to be reviewed with Vince. 

We were at my house, Vince was sitting casually on the couch while I was squirming uncomfortably beside him. We were seated closely together, his body inches away. Oh no, how could I concentrate?

"Hey, any problems with your work?" Vince whispered, his voice low and husky. He stared at me, his eyes burning into mine. My pulse quickened, eyes locked, unable to shift my gaze away.

Vince's lips twitched in amusement and his hand moved closer to mine. A ringing and buzzing noise suddenly echoed into the room.

Vince sighed, and ran a hand through his hair as he picked up the call.

"Hello?" He paused for a couple of seconds as he listened. 

"Oh, I see. That can be arranged. No problem, okay bye." Vince spoke as he looked sideways at me.

"That was my sister. I would have to crash as your place as she said she was sleeping over at someone else's place too so the house would be vacant." Vince explained to me.

"What..?" I said in disbelief. "Liz is away too, actually."

"But I do not have another bedroom for you to sleep in." I crossed my arms.