Chapter Thirty-One- One Time

Amanda

The first thought that occurred to me was, why was Alex here? And Jerry in fact?

Making my way past the throngs of people, ideas were running through my mind. Perhaps he was here to support Vince, but that was unlikely given his dislike to him.

'Alex!' I called loudly when I was a few meters away from him.

Many faces turned to face me in irritation. Wow, I had no idea there were so many people with the name Alex.

Eventually, after I called more than five times, he turned around. He was in deep conversation with Jerry and didn't seem to notice me.

Upon spotting me, he quickly looked down and tried to advert my gaze. I followed his gaze to his hands and realized that he was trying to pull his hands out of Jerry's.

However, Jerry was still oblivious to my presence. He was wearing sort of a weird armor/combat suit that I hadn't seen before which was identical to the one Vince wore, except in Orange instead.

A thought occurred to me then. They were competing against each other.

Alex looked tipsy and he was swaying from side to side, his gaze clouded.

Wait so Alex knew about this place all along but didn't tell me? Suddenly I remembered that he said he had a new boyfriend.

'You guys are together?' I blurted out, couldn't helping my shock and disbelief at the news.

Jerry jumped. Upon spotting me, he looked uncomfortable and his eyes narrowed at me.

Apparently Jerry, unlike Alex was well in his state of mind.

His fists were clenched in anger and I realized he was shaking slightly. He looked out of control and so different from the Jerry at school.

Uh. Oh. I gulped. I hadn't realized that my words would have such an effect on him.

'You...' He hissed between his teeth and took a step toward me slowly.

'Why are you here?' He snapped angrily and took a few more steps towards me until I was practically trapped against the wall.

Before I could react, Vince spoke.

'I would suggest you back off right now.' Vince's deep voice sounded right behind me, cold and controlled.

My legs were still frozen to the ground, as Vince stepped beside me.

'You! The nerve you have to bring her here.' Jerry hissed again, his fists clenching and unclenching continuously.

'What my decisions are is none of your concern.' Vince replied frostily.

'The match will be starting in three minutes. Fighters please enter the ring now.' The static intercom bleeped out.

People were now deep in conversation, perhaps discussing about their predictions and bets on this match. I, however, paid no attention.

I was still beyond shocked and trying to regain my composure.

The seconds ticked by agonizingly, Jerry and Vince in a staring match with each other, no one breaking the tense silence.

A shrill bell rang once. The guys were as if snapped out of a trance.

'You better watch out.' Jerry barked out  finally, his gaze like daggers.