Chapter Sixteen- Regrets

Hope that chapter shocked you :) that chapter is just something like a filler chapter because I wanted to write something different! If you didn't read it, this chapter will still make sense.

Happy reading!! Muhahahahaha

Amanda's POV

After Vince helped me with my alcohol tendencies or rather he didn't, I guess he kinda left because he was nowhere to be seen when I woke up.

The most part of me was glad but a small part of me wondered where he was.

Groggy and confused, I made my way towards the kitchen, trying not to trip over the wasted bodies on the floor, which were gruesome to look at.

I needed the bathroom desperately.

The whole place still stank of alcohol and sweat. Not a very good combination in fact, because to any average person it just smelt like something died in there.

Well, except that it was quiet. It seemed like no one was awake yet.

Relieving myself at the toilet, the reality began to sink in.

"Oh crap. I need to call my mom now." I blurted out.

Where's my cell phone?

Vince should have it.

Where's Vince? Subconsciously, my heart thumped loudly.

Don't tell me he...

Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around my waist. My heartbeat sped up instantaneously.

"Looking for me?" Vince whispered in my ear, all too close and warning me to stay away. He smelt of alcohol and cigarettes.

"No, of course not." I lied quickly.

"You know last night I had this really crazy dream about you." He said casually, trapping me against him.

"Nice one." I snorted, rolling my eyes at him.

His dark brown eyes pierced into mine as he gently lifted his hand, placing it against my cheek, sending a wave of warm tingles.

"Let's go somewhere quieter." Vince said, winking. I wonder what he has planned.

Taking my hand, he led me to the outside of the place.

As we walked, something occurred to me.

"What was your dream about, by any chance?" I asked casually, filling the silence.

"Forget it, I thought you didn't want to know, Angel." Vince narrowed his eyes.

"Wow angel now really? How original." I said, loaded with sarcasm.

Vince rolled his eyes.

"Do you have my cell phone? I kinda lost it yesterday." I asked.

Vince shook his head.

"Not a clue."

"Shit!" I said, jumping up.

"It must be at the house."

"Then do you have a cell phone or something? I need to call my mom."

"Oh about that Layla already covered for you. Said that you had a exam coming up and had to sleepover at her house." Vince explained.

I nodded gratefully. Good thing my mom bought it.

When we came back to the house, more people were awake and pretty much hungover.

"I'll look for it upstairs while you look around here okay?" Vince said, gesturing around the room.

Nodding, I started hunting around the room for it but it was nowhere in sight.

Sighing, I was about to head upstairs when some footsteps were heard from behind me.

"Vince... Did you find it?" I asked while my eyes still scanned the place.

"Firstly I'm not Vince and secondly can I talk to you for a while?" A familiar cool voice said.

I turned around. Jerry was standing a few feet away, looking uncomfortable. He looked sober at least but his clear blue eyes were looking uncertain.

Jerry was wearing his trademark button down shirt and cowboy boots. His blond hair was sleeked to the back and it looked different from his usual messy self.

Realizing I was unintentionally checking him out, I cleared my throat. Making this a habit would not be good.

"Sure!" I said, trying to hide my surprise at his presence.

However, I must admit I was curious about what he had to say.

He led me to a quiet classroom and sat down facing me.

"I'm sorry for my rude behavior the other day. It wasn't right for me to take my anger out on you like that." Jerry said, letting out a deep breath.

"So yeah. I won't do it again." He continued.

I sighed. Actually, I have long forgotten about that. Oops. But still, it was sincere of him to apologize.

He looked at me, waiting for my reaction.

"Apology accepted." I said, smiling brightly for good measure.

He returned my smile and sat down at a chair next to me. Our legs were almost touching each others' and this reminded me of Vince and me in the car not too long ago.

I shouldn't be thinking about him here with Jerry. Stop it, brain.

I inclined my head to see Jerry looking at me.

"You know, apart from coming here to apologize, I'm also here to say something." Jerry started, looking nervously at me.

He took a deep breath and continued. " Since the day we met, I'd always been thinking about you..." He paused and tried to gauge my mood. I must have looked quite confused because he continued.

"...and I have feelings for you. I'd wanted to tell you that for a very long time."

"So yes, I'll like to convince you that I'm the right one for you." Jerry said simply and met my gaze with his.

My heart was fluttering as fast as a hummingbird's wings. Never in a million years had I expected to hear that from Jerry's lips.

My head was in a daze. I couldn't think even if I wanted to. He moved closer such that we were breathing in the same space.

"I'm sorry." I barely heard him say that before he crashed his lips onto mine.

His lips were soft and I could taste the fresh scent of peppermint on his lips. His skillful tongue traced my lips, asking for entrance.

It had been long since I had kissed anyone and I could not help but respond to his urgent kiss.

His tongue expertly slipped into my mouth and I let out a small moan involuntarily. He groaned, deepening the kiss.

His hands were in my hair drawing myself closer to him. My arms wrapped around his neck without breaking the kiss.

Finally, we came up for breath. I could still taste the peppermint on my lips.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Finally!! Vote/comment/follow if you'd liked it. -Solaire