Chapter Twenty- Complicated

Vince

This is it. The last straw.

I'm breaking up with Emma. For real this time.

She's been pestering me non-stop over the past two months.

I'm not going to get back together with her again, no matter what her deal is this time.

Taking out my phone from my jeans pocket, I typed: we need to talk.

I've been going out with her because my parents forced me to go out with her. It was some agreement between families of the rich but now I just can't give a shit anymore.

My phone buzzed, as if on cue.

She replied: okay, meet me at two at the sky tower tomorrow. See you there.

I texted a hasty reply then sighed. What was I going to say to her? Our relationship was going nowhere, ever since I started tutoring Amanda.

Furthermore, that fucker Jerry, her brother, asked her out for homecoming. He better watch out. No one touches what's mine. No one.

Yes that's right.

I still remembered my brother Damien, who came to school to pick a fight with me over that file.

He used to study in that school too. Not that I gave a shit.

I was on my motorbike now, just after a session with Amanda.

I don't know why, but I just can't stop thinking about her.

It's driving me crazy.

I checked my watch. 7:30

Yes, right on time. The underground fights started at 8.

I kicked start Daisy, my motorbike. She purred to life and quickly went off into the night.

Yes, Daisy was my motorbike and I love her to death.

I parked Daisy at a deserted road, then went into a pub.

The pub was slightly crowded, and had quite a decent drinks list.

Sauntering in, I winked at a group of girls at the barstools. They started whispering and blushing.

"Hey, Valentine." Someone said grabbing me and slapped me on the back. Hard.

It was Matt, my best friend.

"It's Vince." I corrected, pissed off.

"Whatever, loser. You don't know who you're up against today." Matt said.

"Yeah?" I said, trying to not let my boredom show.

"It's The Dragon. That legendary fighter." Steve said in a low voice.

He had joined in the conversation too. He handed me a beer and I took a swig.

"Aw come on, I'll beat his face to a pulp. He hasn't seen me yet." I scoffed.

Matt laughed, brofisting me.

"Break a leg, baby."

I went all the way to the back where it lead to a private fighting arena.

Not many people know of this place, definitely not Amanda.

Just thinking of her in the place makes me crack a smile. Pretty hilarious.

Why was I thinking of her again? I was getting annoyed.

Man up, she's only a girl. My dad once told me don't let a girl come under your skin and so far I'm just bored with them.