Chapter Twenty-Four- Night Of Lovers part 2

Amanda

Great. I didn't understand what Vince was planning. It was all a big mess to me.

Whatever. I was supposed to be enjoying my night with Jerry. Wouldn't let these trivial issues affect me.

If you think that this would ruin my night, try harder, player.

Linking my arms through Jerry's, we approached the drinks table, now clustered with teenagers getting drinks.

I was expecting Jerry to comment on what happened earlier but to my surprise, he didn't.

Instead, his face was set in a hard line.

Was he aware of what happened earlier?

I'd not thought that it was that obvious, perhaps he might have interpreted our exchange wrongly.

I paused, not sure whether I should break the silence when he grabbed two cups of fruit punch and handed one cup over to me.

Hmm. It should be safe as the teachers promised that it would be without alcohol.

Reaching over, I thanked Jerry for the drink.

Jerry smiled a little shyly.

"I'm glad that you're my date tonight." He said, breaking the silence that was getting a little awkward.

I nodded, relieved of the tension.

"Me too."

Jerry was wearing a smart black button down shirt and an orange tie.

Me on the other hand, wore what I chose at the boutique earlier, which was the silver dress.

I would admit, it looked stunning on me.

He got me a sparkly orange brooch that surprisingly went well with my dress.

You could not miss my mom's look of approval and delight. Oh no. I would definitely have the talk again tonight.

To my amusement, we did match to some extent, in terms of fashion and biz.

I took a sip of the fruit punch. It tasted a little off, but I reassured myself that it was okay. Probably just the nerves.

There were chaperones, weren't there? No one would dare to spike the beverage.

"Let's dance, shall we?" Jerry asked as we put down our drinks.

The dance floor was getting more packed and the party was slowly unfurling into action.

Speaking of action, I hoped Layla went well with Matt.

Glancing around, I noticed them talking in one corner quietly, near the back of the vast hall.

Right, there they are. Finally Layla had the courage to speak to him.

Taking Jerry's outstretched arm, we made our way towards the crowded dance floor.

"I can't dance." I warned him, just so he wouldn't walk out on me, horrified.

"Don't worry...me neither." Jerry said, amused.

That's great. At least we were in the same page in terms of this aspect.

We started to move to the beat a little after we got used to the tempo.

Great, at least I wasn't falling to my feet in my six inch heels that I had stupidly decided to wear.

Well, at least for now.

Jerry looked comfortable at least as we were swaying to the music.

At the corner of my eye, I noticed Emma and her friends giving me dirty looks.

I ignored them and continued to move to the beat, in synchronization to the pulsing music.

No one has the right to ruin my night.

Well, I sort of hoped too soon as to my utter horror and chagrin, cheerleader bitch sauntered over to us.

"No offense, but you guys look fantastic. If dancing like a zombie is what you call fantastic." She said, smirking evilly and her friends chortled loudly to her comment.

"F*** off." I said flatly. Take the hint, cheerleader and please get away before I do something stupid.

By this time, I was feeling slightly annoyed.

"Aww, hurt your pretty little ego? Well, you can't dance so you should get out of here." She continued, giving me an arrogant sneer.

Her stupid friends started laughing loudly again and I had to withstand the urge to wipe that stupid smile off her fake face.

"Didn't you hear what she said? F*** off, or else." Jerry warned them, his eyes warning.

"Or else what? Vince coming to your rescue?" She mocked, rolling her eyes and stared at me in a challenging way.

That's it. I had enough. Rage overwhelmed me at that instant, charging through me like wildfire. Raw and out of control.

With that, I leaned closer and brought my palm up. With one swift and decisive move, I slapped her across the face before I could decipher the consequences.

Her eyes widened and she looked utterly shell-shocked at my outburst.

She hadn't know that I would do such a thing. Well, obviously, she thought wrong.

"That's for being such a bitch." I said as loud as I could without my voice shaking, which was indicative of how scared I was. That would ruin the whole effect.

Registering the look on her face, I turned and sprinted out of the hall as all heads turned to look at this dramatic spectacle as Emma started screaming at me.

The principal and teachers were giving me a look of utter disbelief and for a moment it looked slightly amusing.

Within seconds, I was out of the hall. My hands were still shaking from the blow and nerves.

It was unbelievable that it happened. If I had been in a clear state of mind, I wouldn't have done it.

Now, I just crossed my fingers and hoped that she would not plan to kill me right this instant, for that would be terribly unfortunate.

I could hear footsteps behind me and even knowing that it was Jerry, I kept running.

See, Amanda, this was how you would get expelled from school. All because you tried to stand up to Emma.

Deep down, I could sort of guess why she hated me so much. Well, the feeling is mutual.

Quickly maneuvering round the staircase and blocks, I found a classroom which was rather convenient and ducked into it.

"Amanda? Come back." Jerry's voice rang loud and clear through the hallway, bouncing off the walls, creating echoes.

As much as I should go and face the music, I wanted to be alone for just a few minutes.

Or maybe a few hours. Or just crawl up in a corner and never show my face again.

I kept absolutely silent as I heard Jerry's shoes treading in the corridor, right outside the classroom which I was hiding in.

My heart pounded loudly, too loudly in this quiet atmosphere. Please don't come in. I silently begged.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
New chapter! Really liked this one but it's quite short :( Vote and comment for quicker updates ;) -Solaire to my Superb readers