Chapter Forty-One- The Results

"A very big welcome to all students. Today," The principal, Mr Anders cleared his throat importantly, before continuing, "marks the end of your final school year."

Instantly, cheers erupted from all around me. Many were clapping appreciatively holding in their hands lots of cards, balloons and gifts for their teachers and friends.

It hit me just then how quickly time has gone by for the past two years. It felt like it was just yesterday that I had become a sophomore. Now, I'm already graduating high school. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Come to think about it, I've learnt so much ever since I've stepped into Hollandville. Although I knew that it was time for me to start a new journey of my life at a university, a part of me will always remember the memories made in this school and the valuable friendships- Layla, Alex, Jerry, Matt, Chloe and even Emma.

Not to forget, Vince, my boyfriend who has stuck with me through thick and thin. I would never take anything I had for granted, not ever.

"Now, the moment all of you have been waiting for." Mr Anders announced, clapping his hands.

"The release of the results." The whole room became silent immediately, as everyone waited with anticipation for the results, me included.

I sat up, straightening my favorite grey blazer reserved for special events and my black sleeveless dress. My results will determine whether I could make it to Dartmouth, the university that I had dreamt of going into.

"Best of luck, Am." Alex said, giving me a small grin. "You too, Alex." I gave him a weak smile back.

He wanted to pursue dentistry, which was a tough course to get into. On the other hand, my passion had always been in the biomedical science field. Since I was a child, I had always been fascinated with science. It was also one of the subjects in school that I was genuinely interested in, and did better relatively to the rest. As a result, I needed less help in tuition for science.

However, the main reason why being a doctor really appealed to me was because I didn't want the same thing that happened to my mom to happen to anyone again. My mother had a bad case of Tuberculosis back then, but she didn't want to see the doctor. It was just three years ago, when my sister and her had abandoned me.

When news of her death spread to me, I was devastated. Although she had disowned me, she did not deserve to die such a tragic death. Therefore, I felt the need to do my part to prevent such a thing from happening again, to anyone.

"Jerry Wilsons," Ms Raymond announced.

Jerry sucked in a deep breath before walking to Ms Raymond and collecting the result. It was my turn next.

"Amanda Summers."

Mirroring what Jerry did before me, I walked to the front of the class and collected my result slip from Ms Raymond. I could swear that she smirked at me.

I took a tiny peek and let out a sigh of relief. Yes, I was positive that my result could make it to Dartmouth. Two distinctions.

I stared at my result, tight lipped. If I went to Dartmouth, Vince may not go to the same university as me. Vince wanted to go to Harvard, to study business but I doubt my score would be good enough for it.

As a matter of fact, Vince did not turn up today because of "things to settle." Although I was extremely curious as to what could be more important than his results, I had resisted the urge to ask. He would probably tell me in time to come.

"Could you keep the result slip for Mr Ryker, Ms Summers?" Ms Raymond said, while I was getting ready to go back to my seat.

"Sure." I said, and took hold of Vince's results. He probably got all As.

I couldn't resist not to take a peek. As I had predicted, all the subjects that he took, including French which he detested, got a distinction.

At this rate, he was probably eligible for Harvard. I was genuinely happy for him. He worked hard, no doubt, and what a surprise, the bad boy actually had brains.

I knew that my journey with Vince was only the beginning of a long way to go, and also to find my long-lost sister. If only I could just pick up the phone and say, "Hello, it's me."

Well, it would be far more complicated than that, no doubt. Somewhere deep inside my heart, something tells me that my encounter with Vince was not accidental, but a trigger for more exciting things to come.

I have yet to uncover the full truth of Vince's ex gang, Damien's current one. However, there was something that I had kept from Vince. A deep and dark secret that only my sister and I know. Our dad was-is in another gang. But my dad's gang was not an ally of Damien's. They were bitter enemies.

Therefore, I needed to find my sister quickly in order for my dad to not create even more trouble. She was the only one that could calm my dad down and compromise with him in a way that I could not.

With all these thoughts clouding my mind, I drove home one last time from my school compound, in my modest little car. I killed the engine and got out of the car, slamming the car door.

There was no one at home, the lights were shut and the windows drawn. My dad was probably still at work and Vince had not come back from settling his "things" yet.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I said loudly, turning the key in the lock.

I tried to look for the switch to flick on the lights but before I could do so, a hand grabbed my wrist, putting the other hand on my shoulder and trapped me against the wall quite effectively.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New update! Please don't kill me...

Anyway thanks for reading I really appreciate it so so much. The introduction and first chapter of the sequel is going to be up soon, so do check it out.

It's called The Gang Leader Is My Blind Spot

P.S. It is in DAMIEN'S POV by the way ;) (my fav character)

Anyway, happy reading, vote and comment. See ya. -Solaire