Chapter Forty-Four- Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time

Amanda POV

Previously...

'Make love to me.'

******

"Are you out of your mind?" Vince uttered in disbelief, a shadow crossing over his pristine features.

Oh no. I thought that he would be more than eager but apparently not.

My cheeks started to heat up. Don't blame me, I've never handled this kind of problem before, considering my inexperience.

I cringed inwardly to myself. Why didn't I have a semi normal life?

"I mean, if you don't want to then of course it's alright we can just chill with some netflix and have a great time-" I started ranting to fill the awkward silence before Vince leaned into me and placed his lips firmly on mine, silencing my ranting.

I gasped in suprise as he tilted my chin up, invading my mouth. He kissed me passionately and I twined my hands into his dark hair. We tumbled onto the couch, our legs tangled together.

After another swift kiss, he pulled back, his eyes not leaving mine.

"Are you sure, kitten?" He asked, his eyes blazing, looking intently at me with lust and love.

"Yes." He means the netflix surely?

"You must be crazy, after all that-"

"Yeah, crazy for you." I bit my lip and leaned in, inhaling his unque scent.

"I really doubt your choices in life but if you insist kitten, get ready for one hell of a ride." He whispered huskily into my ear, my back tingling in response.

He took my hand and led me towards the bedroom, squeezing my hand slightly.

"Wait, aren't we watching netflix?" I asked him in alarm.

He stared at me in disbelief. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Kidding!" I laughed.

He glared at me good naturedly before reaching into the drawer to get something.

"You wanted netflix and chill, I'll give you netflix and chill, kitten." Vince smiled crookedly at me.

"That wasn't what I meant-"

"Or is it. Don't use your voice so much, we'll keep that for later." Vince smirked at me.

I glared at him and whacked him on he shoulder good-naturedly.

"Speak for yourself, Mr tutor." Taking a few steps forward, I closed the distance between us and brushed my lips softly with his.

He responded eagerly, leaning into my touch. He cupped my chin with his hand and trailed kisses along my jawline while my breathing became uneven and ragged. He was an expert at seduction, no doubt about that, and I was drawn to him, tempted by the serpent that he was.

Determined not to be put off, I gently explored his abs, feeling his hard muscles beneath my skin. He groaned slightly. "You're getting bold, kitten."

I smirked. "You're not the one in charge now." He eyed me speculatively before fighting back a smile and taking his shirt off.

"Alright go ahead, what do you want to do?" He said with humour. "See and find out." I said and took off my dress, his gaze hot and taking me in slowly.

"You look beautiful, kitten." He said, his gaze not leaving mine. Gently, I kissed the side of his mouth before trailing a line of kisses along his stomach and towards south.

He groaned and spun me around to face him before his lips met mine again. Suddenly, the sound of a phone ringing interrupted us.

I groaned and reached over to answer it. It was my phone that was ringing. "Hello?" It was already pretty late into the night. Wonder who will still be up at this hour.

"This is emergency care services. May I speak to the immediate relative of Elizabeth Umbers Corrinne." Oh no. Liz. My stomach sank, panic threatening to leak in.

"Yes, th-this is Amanda." I said, my voice cracking slightly. Refusing to meet the worried gaze Vince was giving me, instead I inwardly prayed. Not Liz, no it can't be...

"Amanda as in Amanda Summers, is it correct?" The mechanical voice asked.

"Yes. What is it?" I said quickly, my mind filling with dread.

"Elizabeth has been admitted to Springleaf Hospital for intensive care due to a spinal injuiry. She is in critical condition. Please make your way here as soon as possible." The clipped voice stated before the line went dead.

No, this cannot be. Reluctantly, I turned to face Vince, my fingers shaking with panic and fear. "What happened Amanda?" Vince was immediately by my side, looking as bewildered and scared as I was.

"It's Liz." I whispered, my eyes brimming with unshed tears.

Within minutes, we were on our way to the hospital. Vince was driving recklessly fast, but for once I didn't care. My heart was thumping like crazy. What happened to her? She was my only guardian that I had all these years every since I had moved and now something has happened to her.

Please, let her be okay. I repeated again and again, trying to calm myself from the anguish and panic that led me to the brink of hysteria.

Vince sped through yet another red light, and he squeezed my hand slightly. "It will be fine, don't worry kitten."

I nodded, finding only a little comfort in his words. Deep down, my stomach was twisted in knots. Only one thing was certain: I had to find Liz quickly.

When we arrived at the hospital, we were greeted with the sight of many patients sitting on benches, waiting to see a doctor.

"Excuse me, do you know where is the intensive care unit?" I asked a nurse nearby.

She pointed at the side entrance of the hospital. "Right behind those doors."

When we entered, a bored looking nurse was at the counter. "How may I help you both?" She asked, stifling a yawn. Glancing down at her nametag, it read Lynn.

"We are looking for an Elizabeth Umbers Corrinne. She is in the intensive ward." Vince explained quickly.

"Okay, I will check. Give me your names first." She took out a file and flipped through its pages.

"Amanda Summers and Vince Ryker."

"Alright, there is only an Amanda Summers. I'm sorry, but only immediate family members can enter the ward. Vince, please wait outside." She shot us an apologetic smile.

"But we are together." I told the nurse, if she hasn't noticed. Vince knew Liz, and he should come too.

"I'm sorry we can't break protocol." She said firmly, giving me the eye.

"It's okay. Amanda go on in, I will be in the waiting room." Vince encouraged, his hand on the small of my back.

Reluctantly, I followed the nurse into the ward. When I stepped in, my feet froze in their tracks. "Hello, Amanda. Long time no see." A voice greeted me politely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New update.Sorry for not updating for sooo long it felt like a century! I'm starting school right now and stay tuned for more updates. Hope you all like this chapter! More will be revealed soon ;)

Vote and comment please I love reading all the comments HAHA

-Solaire