Chapter Forty- Memories And Flashbacks

Unknown  POV

Flashback

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Three knocks on the door.  Amanda was late.

I slammed my pen down against the desk. How dare she. She's going to pay for it.

She entered my office cautiously, dragging her feet.

"Did you get my breakfast?" I barked out, not looking up from my paperwork.

It had been ten minutes since I had told her to go down to the shops opposite our black and white house to get me some coffee.

".. no... " She stammered.

"The coffee that you wanted was out of stock..." She said, shifting from one leg to the other uncomfortably.

"Did I ask for a reason?" I sneered, glaring at her.  

Amanda did not reply, but stared down at her feet.

However mad I was at her, it couldn't hide the fact that I was attracted, no, mesmerized by her. She was there. I could smell her sweet and sultry scent from where I was standing.

She had been out of my reach for such a long time. However, that was going to change right now.

My daughter. Actually, my wife's daughter. And she was mine and no one else's.

She stood there,  staring at me,  frozen. 

I stood up from my seat. "Since you can't even carry out simple tasks properly, then...," I said slowly, and gave her a grin.

"Then so be it. From today onwards, I don't want you to ever leave this house. Until I tell you so. Understand?"

She was always more beautiful that her useless mother. I wonder how such a mother could have such an attractive daughter.

It was just pure luck that her mother was not around today, as she was visiting her dad at the hospital.

My mouth curled a little at the irony. Visiting her dad,  while leaving me here with Amanda alone.

Amanda was on my mind since this morning.. Actually no,  ever since I met her,  I wanted her.

She stared at me,  her innocent face filled with fear. I smiled wider,  and took a step closer and closer towards her until she was right in front of me.

"I said, do you understand?" I repeated, my words a silent threat.

She nodded mutely.

"Answer me." I snapped.

But of course, it wasn't the best part yet. I smiled.

"Or else."  I whispered in a grave voice.

With that, her shoulders stiffened.

"You dare to disobey me,  Amanda?" I taunted. She had already seen what I could do to make her listen to me. It wasn't a pretty sight. But luckily, it was only the beginning of more to come.

".. No.. " Amanda seemed at a loss of words. Very well.

"Good. Be a good girl, Amanda." I said pleasantly, but the edge in my voice was clear.

It was time for her punishment.

All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door. My secretory, Madison, entered. I could feel her gaze on us but it was none of my concern. Not until I got what I wanted.

Amanda tried to pull away, but I grabbed her arm, refusing to let her break free.

She tried to look at Madison, to call for help. However, effectively, I blocked her. It wasn't as if Madison could stop me. Nothing could.

"The file is on the table." Madison said in a crisp voice before taking her leave. Yes, now I can have her all to myself.

My mind began to think of possibilities... Yes,  not bad.

"Time for you to understand how I feel." With that, I let my mind take control.

----------

Amanda's POV

'That day,  he raped me.' I said, tears dwelling in my eyes. I collapsed onto the floor, unable to hold back my overwhelming emotions.

'It's all my fault...." My voice trembled. It was from that day onwards,  that I had regretted my existence. I'd never told anyone about this incident.

In the end, Madison called the police, after seeing me lying there, cold and motionless on the floor. Somehow, in the back of my mind, it occurred to me that she could have stopped it, but she did not. However, there was no reason to fault her. She could have been as scared as I was.

That was the moment that I confirmed that my dad was a psychopath. He had a mental disorder, that triggered him to take violent action whenever he was experiencing distress.

However, it had been so clear to me that I was not wanted or appreciated in my family.

"My mother, upon hearing this news, blamed me for being a disgrace to the family. When I had tried to explain what had happened, she did not believe me. Instead, she sent me away to a stepmother."

"I had a sister then. We were quite close. She was the only person that I could confide to." I said, unable to stop my words.

"However, after this incident, my mother and her moved away and I never saw them again." Tears were streaming down my face.

I'd wished that it could wash out all the shame and bitterness that I felt, but after many years, I had already been accustomised to my life. There was nothing I could do to change it.

"It's alright now. You have me here. Let's go look for your long-lost sister together." Vince said, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close.

Instantly, my heart felt a little lighter. Never have I ever been more grateful that someone was here for me.

"I'm so proud of you, kitten. You're so strong. After all that has happened, you did not give up, but you managed to pull through. Many people would not have managed that." Vince said lightly, and planted soft kisses on my tears, kissing them better.

"You're not disgusted? Don't you want to run now?" I whispered into his soft skin, inhaling his intoxicating scent while I wiped my tears against his sleeve.

He shook his head.

"You, managing to pull through all that, I'm in awe of you."

"ll be by your side as long as you need me. I promise." Vince whispered, his hand intertwined with mine.

In that moment, I fell for Vince all over again. Athough he was a jerk sometimes, he could be so sweet and breathtakingly hot at the same time. However, I knew that it was his sincerity that really made me fall for him, yet again.

"I love you, Vince." I said, emotion pouring out of me.

I leaned forward, and crushed my lips to his. Our lips moved in sync, tasting of salty tears, a deep understanding, a beautiful ending and a new beginning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for such a short chapter! Having exams at the moment, so can't really update much :/ Vote and comment :)