Chapter 75

On a certain cave in the slums of the Rainsleif Kingdom or also called the Digging Site, the young NPC named Spencer and other people were being forced to guide an expedition team.

"Move! Move, maggot!"

WHACK!

"Argh!"

If they refused to follow orders, a brutal whip from the expedition team would land on their backs. While only wearing leather clothes and both his hands and legs were shackled, Spencer couldn't do anything but wobble in fear.

Fortunately, another prisoner noticed the shaking boy.

"Boy, don't show that you're afraid. But don't show that you're not afraid either, just something in between."

"Uhh, yes. Sir."

The man smiled at Spencer before introducing himself.

"My name's Bryle. Don't worry, we're not gonna die."

"How? I heard they always use prisoners for bait to the monsters. And if ever someone survived, they would just execute them anyway."

"You're right. But what's the purpose of this expedition again?"

"T-To find artifacts."

The man suddenly grinned.

"Then what if we're the ones who will take that artifact?"

Spencer's eyes suddenly widened.

"M-My name's Spencer."

In the world of Arcadia, artifacts were one of the most powerful items in the game. They can be either weapons, armors, or materials to craft those weapons and armors.

For Arcadians, they were just powerful weapons. But in the players' eyes, the rarity of these ranges from Epic up to Legendary with overwhelming item effects.

If Spencer managed to get one of these artifacts, then he could definitely fight for his freedom.

"Sir. Then, what's the plan?"

"First, we have to survive until we reach that artifact."

Suddenly, the expedition team was halted by the leader.

The leader was a player.

[ID: Galadus]

"Based on the map, the artifact is at the bottom of this cliff."

Despite a torch in his hand, Galadus couldn't see anything except for darkness in front of him. But the echoing of his voice gave it away that he was standing on a cliff within a cave.

Galadus threw his torch to the void.

WHOOSH!

THUD!

It took at least 10 seconds before the torch landed on the ground. It was too far that they could barely see the faint light below.

Galadus turned around to give his orders.

"Let's get started. Throw them all."

"W-What?!" the prisoners shouted.

Struggle all they want, but in the end, the prisoners couldn't do anything. They were being dragged one after another using the metallic collars in their neck, and then they were hurled to the abyss.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Spencer also tried to struggle, but Bryle appeared and grabbed Spencer and another prisoner as they jumped to the abyss.