Chapter 32

"Chemical Overdrive? What the hell is this?"

If only Kane took the time to actually read his newfound abilities instead of reading them in the middle of battle, then things would've been different.

[Chemical Overdrive – LVL 1]

Description: As an alchemist, you can take an unlimited amount of potions and concoction with 200% effectiveness. The effects of Potions with the same effect will stack but not the duration.

'This is really looked a chemist more than an alchemist.'

Kane looked around to find potions, but boulders kept on falling around him. While covering his head with his arms, he accidentally gazed upon the docked ships on the riverbank.

Kane immediately stood up and skimmed through the crowd of people fighting each other.

"Are you that guy? Oh, you're not!"

Eventually, Kane found the person that he was looking for.

"Hey! You're Melo, right!"

"No, I'm here!"

He grabbed the wrong baldie. It should be the baldie behind that baldie.

"Come here!"

"What do we do, brother? Are we gonna die here? I didn't know it would happen this way!"

"No, it was my fault. If only I really have money to pay. And that's why I'm gonna save you guys once again. Try to survive! But first, did you know what kind of supplies are stored in those ships?"

"Yes. I do. What do you need?"

"I needed a specific item. An item that could help us survive! No! It could even help us win this shit!"

"What would that be?!"

"Potions! I need Potions! You probably got some potions stacked somewhere!"

"It's on the third ship! Follow me!"

Melo immediately ran toward the ship, while Kane and their companions followed. But the defeated Bannermanner and Melodia caught Kane's attention.

"Shit, let's save them first."

While there was chaos everywhere, Bannermanner and Melodia finally managed to reach each other by crawling. But as soon as they held hands, a large boulder started falling on top of them.

[SWORD THROW!]

The rock was split into two by Kane. He arrived and carried Bannermanner while Melo went to the other side to take Melodia. Both of them were taken toward a ship.

Kane immediately destroyed the blocked entrance of the ship and quickly entered the boat along with his allies.

Boogie noticed them, but couldn't do anything since she was still fighting the creature.

"Hey, boys! I'll give you some time! Take that ship! We're gonna use that to leave!"

Following their Boss' order, Boogie's crewmembers decided to run at the ship at full speed.

Kane and Melo dropped Bannermanner and Melodia in a secured room before leaving to find the potions. As soon as they got out of the room, they immediately saw Boogie's men coming at the entrance while being blocked by some of Melo's crewmembers. Melo tried to help them, but Kane grabbed his shoulder.

"If you're gonna help them, you're gonna die too! After that, they'll continue going inside, and all of us will die! Better decide! Do you want all of us to die or to at least save some of your crewmembers?!"