Chapter 129

"Wow, Kane, this soup tastes good!" Rafter exclaimed.

While in the waiting room between Wallace Tower Floor 48 and Wallace Tower Floor 49, they decided to rest first, with Kane cooking the food.

"Oh, really? I never got to taste them," Kane gleefully replied.

He never tasted them since his mind wasn't connected with Arcadia, unlike these guys using the VR Capsule.

Malloy asked,

"How did you make these?"

"I might not look at it, but I'm actually a cook in real life!"

Seeing that they were satisfied, Kane subtly began giggling.

'If it already tasted good, what more if I cooked this while using my Goblin Form?'

"UUUUAAAAHHHHHH!! I'M FULL!!" Rafter said.

Malloy followed,

"Yeah. This is really good."

They both said it awkwardly, but Kane was too absorbed with their flattery that he failed to notice them. In reality, it tasted fucking bad. They just don't want to embarrass him.

Kane leaned forward to explain the next room.

"Listen carefully. I have only faced the Boss in the next room once. So, I'm not really confident in fighting it. But I do know its moves."

Kane narrated Epicus' moveset in detail, just like how Xvin explained everything to Kane months ago.

There were 3 Phases in this Boss Fight.

The room's layout was composed of a massive dormant statue at the other end and a pedestal in the center of the room. The match won't start unless someone steps on the pedestal, which would commence the first Phase.

A 5-second animation of Epicus warming up and summoning his staff would occur once the pedestal was activated. Players could use this timeframe to freely attack Epicus. However, after that 5-second window, Epicus would immediately teleport and attack the person who triggered the pedestal.

Epicus would change his target randomly after attacking once. His targets might be random, but his attack pattern was very predictable. They were devastating, but the slow attack animation compensated for it. As soon as Epicus' HP drops to half, Phase 2 will start.

In Phase 2, in addition to the predictable Staff Attacks in Phase 1, Epicus would now drop meteors and lasers from the ceiling. This would force Players to observe their surroundings, watching both Epicus and the attacks from above. When Epicus drops to 25% HP, Phase 3 will begin.

Epicus would enter Enraged Mode, increasing his damage by 300% and his attack speed 200% faster. He would also summon annoying LVL 20 Mud Soldiers that could push Players into danger.

Rafter immediately nodded at the end of the explanation.

"But who will step on the Pedestal?" Malloy questioned.

Kane responded,

"I will. I'm also the one who did this before. Don't worry. I dodged it by then. I'll dodge it again."

It didn't subside Malloy's worries.

"I think this is easier said than done. Can the three of us really deal with this? This sounded like a legit tiresome Boss Fight."

"Yeah. It was what ruined my run before. There were way too many monsters spawned for us to handle," Rafter added.

Kane shook his head.