Chapter 85

"RUN!"

"Waaaahhhh!!"

The duo sprinted away using the trench that Kane made from the explosion.

GWAAAAAAAAAA!!

Monsters quickly swarmed the trench, banging on each other. While Spencer continued fleeing, Kane suddenly stopped and turned around.

WHIIINNG!!

A magic circle suddenly appeared in front of Kane.

[Chronomage]

Upon activation, steal half of all of your opponents' movement speed. The stolen speed will gradually return back to normal over time until the skill's duration finally ended.

It was one of his newfound skills after he faced Munyan—An ability to steal his opponent's speed.

Purple energies came out of the monsters' body in which the masked Paragon immediately absorbed. Upon absorption, Kane turned around and sprinted away, quickly catching up to his student with his enhanced speed.

However, just like all of his other Dark Magician skills, these skills drained both his mana and HP. On top of that, he was still poisoned because of the leeches earlier.

[You consumed Minor Healing Potion]

[You consumed an Apple]

Kane had to munch anything that could potentially increase his health.

'Aaaarrrgghhh! These are supposed to be my consumables for the whole month!'

Knowing that he can't do this continuously, Kane really had to rely on Spencer.

"Hey, kid. What more skills do you know?"

"Ummm, Swordance of the Paladin? But I can't use that now."

But as a fellow fighter, Kane knew that he should've learned a lot more than a single skill from his master.

"Think about it, kid. What other skills did you learn? Maybe the weakest ability you learned from Baruto?"

"It's uncle Caruso. Hmmm, I think there's something called [Savior's Protection]."

The Savior's Protection can be used by swinging your sword in a circle, imbued with the power of Light. The damage that the user dealt will become a spherical shield that protects the user.

"Sounds good. Why don't you try using it?"

"Every time I do this, my veins would burst before the shield would appear."

"Huh? How so? This Savior's Protection looked dumber than the Swordance of the Paladin, then why is it harder?"

But even the kid didn't know the answer.

"I'm... not sure. The Swordance just mostly burned my skin and broke my sword. The consequences were tolerable, unlike other skills."

Kane tried to assess Spencer's skills. He can't believe that Spencer could use the Swordance, which was supposed to be more powerful but not the Protection, which was weaker.

'Is it because the Swordance was focused on the sword? While the Protection still needed some kind of conversion within some offensive light skill to a defensive Light skill?'

"Master! The monsters!"

Kane looked back, just to see that a massive leech traveling through the trench with a ridiculous speed.