Chapter 33

Everybody has fire in their eyes like they were rooting for their chicken in a gambling den. But the hype immediately died down as Kane finally admitted.

"Help me! The potion effects wore off!"

Because the duration of his Metamorphosis elapsed, the bonuses he got from the goblin form also wore off. Since he was no longer an Alchemist, all of his buffs from the potions faded.

As Kane has been fighting consecutive battles nonstop, his legs gave up that the creature reached him.

BAM!

Kane was sent flying straight at the prison walls. As he banged into the walls, the prisoners tried to reach him.

"Hey, boy! Help us!"

"I have a family! Please help me!"

"I didn't really borrow anything at all!! They just imprisoned me here! Please help me!"

But Kane ignored them because they would just be an additional burden for him.

"I'm a Royal Knight, let me out so that I can help you!"

Or not really. As soon as hearing that, Kane tried to open the gates, but he couldn't do it just like before. He wandered around the cells to find a weapon and eventually arrived at the door where the creature came from.

Since Kane was thrown very far away, the creature looked for another target and noticed the group of people on the ship. Boogie's thugs, Bannermanner, Melodia, Melo, and Melo's remaining crewmembers ran to the ship's inner side to hide. However, they were eventually cornered.

Bannermanner tried to fight once again, but he was still heavily injured from his battle against Boogie.

WHOOSH!

Melo immediately grabbed Bannermanner's sword instead and rushed toward the monster.

"BOSSSS!!"

Melo's men applauded their leader's courage. Melo dodged the monster's first attack by sliding down. He reached outside the ship and used himself as bait.

"Catch me if you can!!"

He turned around and ran at full speed.

SLASH!

But it didn't even take a second before the monster slashed at his back. Melo fell to the ground and got his leg fractured. Melo jammed his sword to the ground, just like what Bannermanner did to get away. But this wasn't Boogie. This was a monster.

The creature grabbed Melo and shoved him in her mouth.

"Hey! You shit! Look at this!"

The monster paused upon hearing somebody scream. Because of that, Melo managed to free himself from the creature's grip.

"Yoohoo! Look at this!"

Kane was shouting with a corpse wrapped in white cloth beside him. Kane mockingly tapped the corpse's head.

"This was you, right? Don't worry, I even covered it with a white cloth."

"GWAAHHH!!"

The growl echoed throughout the cave that it resumed the falling of boulders. Kane immediately grabbed the light-weighted corpse before running away.

The monster tried to chase him, but Kane managed to run away because Boogie's thugs were no longer there to block him. Upon the two of them left the cave, everything was silent.