Chapter 11

"Ryore, Are you alright?"

Xvin asked.

"I'm not!"

The guy wielding an Axe replied while shoving Xvin's hand away.

"My feelings were hurt!"

"It's okay, we lose every once in a while."

"Shut up, I could've killed him if I didn't believe you. You dropped some hard maths. I thought you actually know your shit. I thought he's already one hit because of you."

"No. I'm sure I was correct. He was definitely fractured at my attack. I dunno what happened."

"So... did he use hacks?"

"I don't think so, it might be an item."

"How sure are you?"

"I mean, what kind of stupid hacker would just hack to survive an attack. If I'm a hacker, I'll find a hack that could kill my opponents, but he definitely escaped on his own. How that hell did he do that?"

A blonde woman approached Xvin and bowed.

"Sir, we're done!"

"Good work, Pixie. Alright, let's head to the next room."

The players took a last look at the room to check if they didn't leave anything. While walking toward the next room, Xvin was still bothered about Kane.

"Hey, Ryore. You think that guy is dead?"

"Probably not. It will be embarrassing if he survived a battle against us, but he died against the 2nd Floor monsters."

And then they all went to the portal.

[You cleared Wallace Tower Floor 1]

[You entered Wallace Tower Floor 2]

Led by Xvin and Ryore, the whole group sneakily charged to the darkness of the next room. Suddenly, they saw a faint light approaching. Suddenly, the ground started shaking. Xvin scratched his head while looking at Ryore.

"This again."

Kane was recognized by the players as soon as he got closer. Ryore pulled out his axe from his inventory and was about to charge at Kane.

"It's payback time, bitch!"

But Xvin grabbed his shoulder.

"We have to run!"

"Run, my ass. I'm not running from this guy!"

"Not that guy!"

Since Ryore was determined to fight Kane, Xvin turned around and ran away. His other party members followed him. Ryore grinned as Kane was just a few steps away.

He raised his axe to prepare for the incoming Kane. But his smile quickly wore off upon seeing the whole mob of armored skeletons behind Kane.

"THIS STUPID SHIT!!"

Ryore swiftly turned around and started running away.

WHOOSH!

It only took a few seconds for Kane to run past Ryore. Both of them momentarily stared at each other before Kane outran him.

"Arrghh! That slippery shit!"

Ryore shouted. But he felt the shaking of the ground got a lot stronger. He looked behind and saw that a skeleton already reached him and swung his blade at his back.