Chapter 44

"Why did you all call us here, Homura Sensei?"

The executives of Arcanos have gathered once again a day after the huge fiasco that happened.

They managed to temporarily fix the damage by inventing new missions given by their high leveled bodyguards.

Since Ludvig Haegen already controlled all the Towers within the Miranda Kingdom, Arcanos now had full control in the Kingdom that they managed to block the newbies from entering.

However, some newbies either swam or used a boat heading to other locations different from Miranda Kingdom.

Since the situation calmed down, they were now back to operations. All the same executives were present except for Mikaela, who had her seat empty while Homura Denjiro was at the center of the meeting room.

"We might have found a solution to our recent problem. But could you say that it won't happen again?"

The silence was their answer.

"For us to fully prevent this from happening again, we have to find the man responsible for this crisis."

Since Ludvig was the one being blamed for this crisis, he had to say something.

"Since the files in the Omega Sun got deleted. I looked at the list of those who leveled up since that person killed all level 300 crocodiles. He must've leveled up by at least 50 levels. But no one did. None of the survivors leveled up by that much."

The directors slightly agreed.

"Mr. Haegen, if that's the case, then it might be a combined effort?"

"I also looked into that. But it was all weird. Even if it was a collective effort, they should've leveled up by at least 20 levels, but none of them did. The highest person that leveled up was a man named Chroma and then his partner, Roughman. They only leveled up by 10."

"Are you saying that all those survivors helped each other that the whole XP received was totally distributed?"

"Most likely, yes."

But hearing those conversations made Homura laugh. Suddenly, someone spoke.

"If you're laughing like that, then it means you already found him, do you? The person responsible for this."

A man wearing a pair of glasses asked him. Despite that everyone would call him Homura Sensei, this man was calling him without honorifics. But Denjiro doesn't seem to be offended.

"You think too much for me. But I did have an idea."

Denjiro clicked the remote, and a picture of Chaos Revenant appeared on the screen.

"This was found by the famous Claude Torres de Ayala for me. Apparently, you're looking at the wrong information!"

In the picture, Chaos Revenant was standing beside the waypoint of Miranda Kingdom Port.

"This man, right here, has never been in Miranda Kingdom. And yet he suddenly appeared like this."

"It must've been a hac—"

"Maybe. But if he was capable of doing that, then we really have to find him. He managed to teleport to a waypoint that he never even encountered, then he might as well be the one who also killed the Horrors."

The man with the glasses spoke again.

"If it was found by Claude. I think the information you got was far more than that. Like having a hint who that person might be."