Chapter 52

Many years ago, The Great Emperor Scadovia Synderium started a conquest that captured most of Arcadia's known world. His actions displeased other species, such as the elves.

These prideful beings belittled Scadovia's forces that it was too late when they realized that Scadovia was already winning.

On the verge of losing, the elves prayed to their deities. But none of them answered.

In desperation, a fated princess supposed to marry a prince sacrificed her life to a rogue Goddess, Firenza. Out of all the deities that they prayed to, only Firenza, the Goddess of the Shadow Elves, answered their call.

She opened the gates of the netherworld and unleashed four horsemen that would stop the humans.

***

BOG! BOG! BOG!

"Aaaahhh! Help!"

A person started falling toward a white-haired youth while he was climbing a magical pillar. The teen managed to dodge, but the falling man grabbed his leg.

"Please! Help me!"

The teen could barely climb the pillar by himself. What more if there was someone latched onto his leg? Yet, he chose to help the old man.

"Ugh! Thank you, young man."

He lifted the man with all his strength until the man grabbed onto one of the pillar's metals handles.

"No problem. We're all together in this."

But as the young man continued to climb, the handle that he was holding suddenly caved in.

"Shit!"

The young man immediately fell, but he managed to grab the old man's foot.

"Wew... that was close... haha."

"Yeah. Now piss off!"

PAK!

The old man tried to kick his face that the boy released his grip first to avoid being kicked.

"Ha! Stupid kid! Don't you know this is first come first serve!"

"I do."

The kid pulled something on his left arm. It was a blue thread made of mana that was connected to the old man's back.

The man took out his sword to cut it, but the kid suddenly snapped his right arm.

KABOOM!

The man's back exploded. The kid purposely helped the old man and placed a paper bomb on his back just in case he will be betrayed. And it did happen.

"Argh!"

The old man was pushed up because it also pulled the kid in the process because of the thread. The kid unleashed a strong pull on the thread, that they exchanged spots with each other.

The kid grinned at the man falling to the lava pit on the ground while he went up.

"Piss off, stupid old man!"

With that, the kid easily reached the top.

[ID: Auditorian LVL 29]

That was the Trial of Conquest.

It was an exhausting climb that forced them to ascend that magical pillar filled with traps.

The kid, or rather, Auditorian was already climbing for two days straight, without food and logging out. Despite using many tricks to climb up, it still took him two full days.