Chapter 53

"Thank you for your help."

Vicente bowed down at the lady wearing a maid uniform as she boarded the boat.

"Aren't you coming? Aren't you also supposed to be in this ship heading to that island?"

"That was before I got caught up in this mess. My companions were still here somewhere. I needed to find them."

"Then... this is farewell."

"Yes. Let us meet each other again."

"I don't want to. Because obviously, the next time we meet, we'll have to kill each other. Irelia and her subjects were never on good terms with the Corvian Family."

Vicente didn't reply anymore. The boat started sailing away while Vicente and the lady in a maid uniform stared at each other one last time.

As soon as the ship drifted further away, Vicente turned around and walked toward the destroyed village.

"Now, let's find some information..."

***

Since the battle was over, the NPCs who tried to escape on the boat came back to their ruined houses.

Jenny was one of them. She came back to their ruined pub and hugged their burned signpost.

Kane was terribly worried about her that he was watching over her ever since the battle ended. Kane also lost some people in his life that he knew the pain that she was going through.

'Stupid shitty quest! If it wasn't for that minus 2, I should've logged out and taken a rest already!'

Or maybe not.

"Want a bread?"

Tormund handed a loaf of bread at Kane.

It was a useless item since Paragons doesn't really need to eat. Their hunger meter was mostly full because of the constant potions and food they were taking to receive some buffs.

But Kane took it anyway because he got nothing to do except to watch Jenny all day long. Since he doesn't have anything to do anyway, he might as well gather some information.

"So, what are your plans?"

"We're staying here, of course! This is our place, after all. Oh... yeah, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Uhhh, I heard Paragons crossed worlds because your world was already desolated. I thought you found me rude."

It was a made-up story by the NPCs as to why Paragons left their world.

"You're not wrong. Some people really had bad circumstances in our world that they loved staying here. Just like Presley, I guess, since she married an Arcadian."

Tormund subtly nodded as it does make sense.

"What about you?"

"Me? Nah, I'm just here to find someone and to fulfill a dream that he failed to do."

"Who was it? I might be able to tell you!"

"Uhhh... do you know someone named Joshua?"

"Joshua? I think I heard that name a lot of times."

"OH!? REAL—"

Kane sa momentarily delighted until he realized there were probably thousands of people who used 'Joshua' as their alias.

It would have been better if Kane actually knew Joshua's ID, but he doesn't. Luckily, Kane remembered Joshua's most unique feature!

"Scratch that name. How about seeing a man who was always in a wheelchair?"